No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think i get the direction you are taking this. fair enough .

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
      Classic games got by with little or no storyline because adding the extra crap would bust the 1.4mb limit...
      I don't know about that, some of the greatest games ever in classic gaming all had great story lines. Just think of the classic lucas arts (Loom, monkey island, Full throttle, etc) , sierra (Kings Quest, space quest, hero quest,etc), infocom games, then you also have all the DnD type games as well which relied on a plot as well like Ultima and Lands of Lore. Having said that I also disagree with Dragonlord's evaluation Deus-Ex and Thief being the only good games having great story. I could see maybe in the FPS genre that is the case but there are still plenty of good games out there with plots and a good story.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Having said that I also disagree with Dragonlord's evaluation Deus-Ex and Thief being the only good games having great story. I could see maybe in the FPS genre that is the case but there are still plenty of good games out there with plots and a good story.
        Agreed, and good storyies are not just limited to 'adventure' games either. I'm loving the storylines from the Fallout series (personally, I think that 3 strikes a great balance between storyline, game-play and game genres). What really annoys me with some story-led games is where the game mechanic gets in the way of the story. I'm particularly thinking of the Final Fantasy series here (/me dons asbestos suit) where the repetitive game grind bores me rigid and means that I never see how the (usually intriguing and clever) story pans out. I would love a 'this game sucks, but show me the story' button in such games.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          I don't know about that, some of the greatest games ever in classic gaming all had great story lines. Just think of the classic lucas arts (Loom, monkey island, Full throttle, etc) , sierra (Kings Quest, space quest, hero quest,etc), infocom games, then you also have all the DnD type games as well which relied on a plot as well like Ultima and Lands of Lore. Having said that I also disagree with Dragonlord's evaluation Deus-Ex and Thief being the only good games having great story. I could see maybe in the FPS genre that is the case but there are still plenty of good games out there with plots and a good story.
          I don't said the only ones... I said after them not much came which paired great story telling with great gameplay. What I found so far had either a great story but gameplay is boring ( especially RPGs somehow got stuck in grind-festivals or we-are-sandbox forgetting that a sand-box alone doesn't make a game fun ) or a great gameplay and the story had been lame ( or the game is bugged beyond fun... another problem of modern games... huge increase of bugginess ). Second one is though more in my favor since you can't enjoy a great story in a crappy game as much as a great story in a movie with crappy actors doesn't cut it neither. I admit thought that my quality bars are higher than most others.

Comment

• Galactic Dream: Rage of War

I think it uses irrlicht

Comment

• Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                i want. that game looks epic.

And as a solution for people who dont want to register, you can email me your proposed title at: l33f3r(at)l33f3r /dot/ com (broken for spam bots). I dont care about getting spam at this email tho . Just tell me whatever game and if you would like your name listed. Svartalf has a lot on his plate right now.

Comment

• Max Blastronaut, by Coin App.

Comment

• Originally posted by whizse View Post
                    Max Blastronaut, by Coin App.
                    Looks like "Caster" in space...

Comment

• Ok I have 2 people who have made some very quality requests.

David emailed me regarding mafia (1) and 2. Publishers are GoD/2K. He brings up a good point that mafia 1 might make good sales simply because of mafia 2 coming out. Mafia 2, although a long push to be ported, could drive people who want to play the original. It uses an in-house engine by the looks of it.

whats rly intriguing is tranquility

http://www.tqworld.com/

I just played this game and i must say, im trippin balls. Incredible title. Its openGL under mac and windows but no linux. It requires DX 8.1 for sound.

Windows DLL's:

glut32.dll
                      pthreadVC.dll
                      QMDX.dll

----------------------------------------------------------
                      gforum requests Takeda 3 and Sango 2 in particular among magitech games. They use OpenAL/GL. They are based in Toronto and appear to be self published in north america.

Take note, their games are very very Asian.

Comment

Working...
                      X