Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam On Linux In February Still Residing Below 1%

Phoronix: Steam On Linux In February Still Residing Below 1%

Valve has released their updated Steam Survey figures for February 2021...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It appears the Simplified Chinese stats decrease when Linux increases, and vice versa...

Comment

Would be interesting to see game compatibility stats with Linux over time (via Proton or native).

Comment

It is not a 0.1% drop but a 0.1 points drop.

Comment

Hey, next month will be better: I just got the survey twice today, on the laptop and my desktop - both running gentoo

(disclaimer: i don't care about all the theories around that survey - it's rather irrelevant as long as valve doesn't abandon linux)

Comment

No future for GNU/Linux desktop. 8 years on Steam and only 0.8%.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              It appears the Simplified Chinese stats decrease when Linux increases, and vice versa...
              Yep, 1 350 mln nation prefers Windows than Linux despite government enforcement of Linux.

Only some IT and hobbyists likes linux.

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
                No future for GNU/Linux desktop. 8 years on Steam and only 0.8%.
                Running steam is what defines an operating system?
                What if don't really like running steam?

Comment

I feel like Valve is playing the long game and hedging against Apple and Microsoft by making sure there's an ecosystem they can quickly whip a console up with. I know they tried that once before, but it's still great insurance, and it greatly benefits us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Blokdijk View Post
                    Would be interesting to see game compatibility stats with Linux over time (via Proton or native).
                    There are some thing like that available at: https://www.protondb.com/stats

They are probably even less reliable than the Steam stats due to their voluntary nature and people being more likely to submit a report of something doesn't work, but you can see a downward trend of the 'borked' games.

Comment

Working...
                    X