No announcement yet.

Feral Is Bringing Total War: WARHAMMER 2 To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not seen any Linux native games any where with cracked binary. I can link you a video of doom being cracked with wine on Linux if you like. I buy Linux games because I know some of the money goes back into improving Linux as a gaming platform and developers know for sure it was a Linux game bought.

Comment

It's really great to read. I waited for Total War: Warhammer II on Linux and my friends do as well. (to play with me )

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
      I'm slightly disappointed as the codename on Feral's cryptic upcoming releases page me was "Proud Seat of Lucifer" which me and probably many others hoped it would mean a Linux port of the 2016 Doom reboot.
      There is a fully working Linux version of DOOM so when Bethesda would ever allow it to be released, you will not need any "port". You just have to change a platform specific render target or something when you have a Vulkan game as far as I know.
      They simply don't want to release it just like Blizzard doesn't want to release Linux versions people are running internally. So who knows whether it's the "big spender", the "invisible backstabber" or their own ignorance who is responsible for their decision...

Edit: Dustin Land, id Software at Game Developers Conference 2018 - Getting Explicit: How hard is Vulkan really? (YouTube)
      Last edited by oooverclocker; 18 June 2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I found out that some game companies have been using a software called red shell that some people consider spyware and creative assembly say's it will be removed with an update the info is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...shell_spyware/

I don't know if Linux uses this red shell thing.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
          There is a fully working Linux version of DOOM so when Bethesda would ever allow it to be released, you will not need any "port". You just have to change a platform specific render target or something when you have a Vulkan game as far as I know.
          There's more to Linux/Windows and a game than just the graphics API...

Even non-technical things, such as customer support, which they probably don't want to bother if you run Linux.

Comment

this people is really amazing. Considering seriously about buying it as soon as it is released. I already have Shogun 2

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
              DOOM works fine in Wine and without even performance hits. So who the fuck cares?
              I do. I don't buy games that don't have native Linux support. I am not alone in that.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Apparently the only thing you don't get is, the developers don't want to support Linux. Many game developers hate Linux.
                Well, as paying potential customer I at best am not giving two shits about this kind of developers.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                  I do. I don't buy games that don't have native Linux support. I am not alone in that.
                  Question was rhetorical. I obviously know there's a lot of purists who have reasons that are more emotional than logical.

Can't really blame devs for not catering to their emotions tho.

Comment

Question was rhetorical. I obviously know there's a lot of purists who have reasons that are more emotional than logical.

What's illogical about wanting native support in games?
                    It wouldn't be catering to emotions but logic. Your thinking has no logic behind it.
                    If you don't care about it than fine, fuck off.

Comment

I am a purist and yet i'm using Wine.

Recently , downloded a repack of Gta5 and i'm playing it with DXVK now.

My money has it's own value so rather than paying for that unsupported games on Linux ; i'm spending for native Linux games and donation to various open source projects including Wine.

Comment

Working...
                      X