Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Is Bringing Total War: WARHAMMER 2 To Linux

Phoronix: Feral Is Bringing Total War: WARHAMMER 2 To Linux

Feral Interactive has announced this morning that they will be bringing Total War: WARHAMMER 2 to Linux this year as the latest Total War game seeing a native Linux port...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not that it's not great to get another big title ported over to Linux, but do have to admit I'm slightly disappointed as the codename on Feral's cryptic upcoming releases page me was "Proud Seat of Lucifer" which me and probably many others hoped it would mean a Linux port of the 2016 Doom reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
      Not that it's not great to get another big title ported over to Linux, but do have to admit I'm slightly disappointed as the codename on Feral's cryptic upcoming releases page me was "Proud Seat of Lucifer" which me and probably many others hoped it would mean a Linux port of the 2016 Doom reboot.
      If it was, there wouldn't be much for them to do. I heard a quick port was already done in-house in about a day but they just didn't release it for political reasons, most likely. I don't know how true that is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post

If it was, there wouldn't be much for them to do. I heard a quick port was already done in-house in about a day but they just didn't release it for political reasons, most likely. I don't know how true that is though.
        AFAIK that was only the general tech, maybe only IdTech 5/6, and the reason not to release it is likely not investing the time needed to get it to production quality.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: Feral Is Bringing Total War: WARHAMMER 2 To Linux

Feral Interactive has announced this morning that they will be bringing Total War: WARHAMMER 2 to Linux this year as the latest Total War game seeing a native Linux port...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...HAMMER-2-Linux
          At last!!! It has been my dream to buy since the first imagery of the first Total War: Warhammer in the series.

Slowly, Linux is making inroads.

As others have noted, we anticipate Bethesda to release Doom 2016 too.

Comment

yes! thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by sabriah View Post

As others have noted, we anticipate Bethesda to release Doom 2016 too.

Sorry, but who is 'we'?

Comment

DOOM works fine in Wine and without even performance hits. So who the fuck cares?

Comment

Looking forward to this release, which no doubt will be a good one like warhammer.

Poor id, maybe Carmack will come back someday after Occulus...

Comment

Bethesda does not do Linux, pretty sure that is policy in their development circle. Quite unfortunate, little worried their future games might be DX12 only also, which is a NASTY ouch for Vulkan and Linux gamers.

Comment

Working...
                    X