ReiserFS Officially Declared "Obsolete"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

You son of a bitch. Commenting on a comment about a comment. WTF is wrong with you?
    Oh I am just a fan of recursion... You should become a fan to, you got talent

Personally I never used riser 4/fs , but if it works e.g. nobody reports bugs and nobody has any particular burden with it, then in principle I don't like removing things just for the sake of removing it. If course there is always reasons against and for...

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
      a murderer may perfectly well be capable of making a technically superior filesystem
      I'm no expert on the subject, but I think a key personality trait common to many murderers is either a lack of empathy or at least selective empathy. This makes me wonder if individuals on the autism-spectrum might be over-represented among murders, as I believe they are among programmers (though, for different reasons!).

Originally posted by geerge View Post
      Quit griping that the murder is brought up every time,
      I think you can't separate the two. ReiserFS was forever tainted by it, conceivably to the point that no one wanted anything to do with it. It might not be very logical, but that doesn't mean it's not true. Human behavior isn't as logical as we might like to believe.​
      Last edited by coder; 31 August 2023, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
        Speaking of next gen filesystems, does anyone know if bcachefs is gonna be submitted again for 6.6?
        Ken submitted a pull request on day one last merge window.
        I think Kent is following Christian's (VFS maintainer) advice and waiting for 6.7.

But it looks like Kent rebased bcachefs to 6.5 in his git tree, so he could try an rc2 submissions. Looks unlikely though.

Comment

Originally posted by drakonas777 View Post
          It's always fun to witness how people try to distance themselves from a single criminal while at the same time they give 0 fucks about the fact that fundamentals of the most modern tech used in everyday life by everyone was developed during WW2 and Cold War and used directly by mass murderers.
          At least with that tech they had the good sense not to name it after themselves. Good thing the Linux crew didn't pull the strings right away, and not force users to migrate right away. Judging by how kernel devs reacted to russian patches recently, I suspect Linux would have reacted much differently if it all went down today.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            Hans ... is up for parole again in 4 more years.
            Maybe we should wait until then before deprecating RFS? He may have been thinking up R6(+) during all this time 😁

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post

Oh I am just a fan of recursion... You should become a fan to, you got talent

Personally I never used riser 4/fs , but if it works e.g. nobody reports bugs and nobody has any particular burden with it, then in principle I don't like removing things just for the sake of removing it. If course there is always reasons against and for...
              God I hope you read that like a drunk Peter Griffin, /s, and all that

Comment

Come one.
                We just have to wait a few years for him to come out of jail :/

Comment

Originally posted by archkde View Post

A murderer sitting in prison for his murder is not able to maintain a filesystem, no matter how "technically superior" it may have been 20 years ago.
                  Originally posted by archkde View Post

sitting in prison
                  tell me you're Russian without telling me...

Comment

Keeping a file system around by a convicted killer - a bizarre heritage of the Linux community comes to an end. Feels almost like Linux is growing up. Oh well. I was hoping Lucy Letby could become the new maintainer, but I suppose it does need somebody with software engineering skills and not just a complete serial killer to keep this heritage alive.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                      Keeping a file system around by a convicted killer - a bizarre heritage of the Linux community comes to an end. Feels almost like Linux is growing up. Oh well. I was hoping Lucy Letby could become the new maintainer, but I suppose it does need somebody with software engineering skills and not just a complete serial killer to keep this heritage alive.

What's wrong with keeping a file system of a convicted murder around?
                      Whether or not he murdered his wife, has no impact on the quality of his filesystem.

Comment

Working...
                      X