Linux 5.17-rc6 Released To Cap Off A Crazy Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leipero View Post

Ok, that's fair. That goes back to the personality cult I was talking about before, but, let's agree that Noble prize winners in sience are relatively smart people in comparison to "general public", the fact that many of them actually stand "on the same side" as me should tell you something if you are the type of person who follows that logic (I don't, just to be clear)
    On the area that they won the prize on, yes but in general, no, I wouldn't automatically consider them generally more knowledgeable on any other topic but I wouldn't automatically consider them ignorant either. It is just based on merit of the argument. So far, I have zero idea what "on the same side" as you even means because you never stated your own positions in this thread. Like I said, you have to actually make your own arguments for positions you support, just asserting that someone else is ignorant repeatedly doesn't count for anything on its own.

Comment

It's a sad thing when someone who's incharge of such an important freedom oriented project as Linux Kernel starts dweling about things he knows nothing about.
      A crazy dictator thinking he is Hitler 2.0? I doubt Linus isn't well informed. The whole world is well aware already.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

On the area that they won the prize on, yes but in general, no, I wouldn't automatically consider them generally more knowledgeable on any other topic but I wouldn't automatically consider them ignorant either. It is just based on merit of the argument. So far, I have zero idea what "on the same side" as you even means because you never stated your own positions in this thread. Like I said, you have to actually make your own arguments for positions you support, just asserting that someone else is ignorant repeatedly doesn't count for anything on its own.
        Ok, that's also fair. Let's start.

First, this is not a war between Ukraine and Russia, this is a war between US and some EU countries and Russia, freedom of Europe is at stake. US (+some EU...) leaders, in their colective delusion did mistaken themselves for a "whole world", further, they have another delusion to "rule the world", and set their eyes on resources of Ukraine. Ukranians here are nothing but cannon meat, and to understand why that is the case you need to have a prior knowledge of:
        1. What is Ukraine and how it came up as an country.
        2. Who lives in Ukraine and what languages are spoken.
        3. What happened in recent history, especially since 2013.
        4. The proclaimed role of NATO, and what it really is.

This is already 3rd time in last century that this is happening, there were two unsuccesfull attempts at Russia, and last one was so terrible that they made sure not to allow to happen again.

The irony here is that EU/Europe, literally have nothing to gain from this situation, and is beyond unbelivable how "EU leaders" (non-elected, self proclaimed leaders) act, this goes under #3, they (US and EU) literally pushed Ukraine to create a treat to Russia. I will let you investigate #3 and come up with your own conclusions.

Russia did not want this war, but, Putin is not bluffing (and you will understand that after knowing all facts in all 3 points above), it's literally life and death situation, and he can use advantage Russia have in mass destruction penetrating weapons (US will develop those weapons in next 3-5 years). I don't understand EU at all, they literally have nothing to gain, and no way to defend themselves, US have something to gain (total domination of Europe), but as I said, that's very dangerous and delusional thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

A crazy dictator thinking he is Hitler 2.0? I doubt Linus isn't well informed. The whole world is well aware already.
          And you my friend, are cluless. Read above post.

Comment

And to add, before you lecture me about anything, ask yourself how could I have predicted this 1-2 years ago...
            Yes, there are at least two reasons for this. Ukraine becoming a liberal western state (perhaps slowly, but anyway). The second reason is, Russia has grown big enough to threaten these non-aligned states that are not tightly integrated in the western sphere of influence. You seem to think that the only peaceful solution would have been the transformation of this country to be part of Putin's non-demographic autocracy.

Comment

There is no point trying to explain this to Americans or their puppets.

Comment

Oh look. Not a single comment about the kernel

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post

There is no point trying to explain this to Americans or their puppets.
                  They don't understand that they might not even exist in next few days, this is absurd, how can anyone be so brainwashed?

Comment

Clueless about what? I'm well aware about what's going on. Don't assume what people know or not. Speak for yourself.

And learn some things from history as well.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Yes, there are at least two reasons for this. Ukraine becoming a liberal western state (perhaps slowly, but anyway). The second reason is, Russia has grown big enough to threaten these non-aligned states that are not tightly integrated in the western sphere of influence. You seem to think that the only peaceful solution would have been the transformation of this country to be part of Putin's non-demographic autocracy.
                      You are dangerously delusional.

Comment

Working...
                      X