KASAN Spots Another Kernel Vulnerability From Early Linux 2.6 Through 4.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wojcian View Post
    China is communist country, but it doesn't attack innocent ones like USA does. Just because some small shit desert country tells them to do so.
    Maybe try to mention it to non-mandarin minorities in China or to the people living in Chinese-occupied territories (Tibet for example).
    Regime is brutal and harsh up to and including camps of forced labour, prison camps, ethnic discrimination, religious discrimination, removing children from families for 'proper' re-education and the list keeps going.

If you happen to live in the U.S, you probably are clueless how lucky you actually are. The plain fact that you are allowed to say anything about your own government shows your true freedom. Freedom, the value of you cannot seem to comprehend and even less, put any value to it.

China can and does hide any nefarious activities from it's own media. Media outlets have censors for that exact purpose. If you cannot see something in the news or in the liberal propaganda - it does not mean all is well and good in Danemark, khm, China.

It's typical communist dictatorship with semi-capitalist economic model.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
      It's typical communist dictatorship with semi-capitalist economic model.
      I wouldn't call it communist in any way shape or form, also I wouldn't call it dictatorship as there isn't a true single leader with real strong control over everything, their president is more or less a figurehead as no single person can realistically deal with managing a so large state in any way.

I would call it "totalitarian oligarchy with some very light communist feel". Basically, it's the same old Celestial Empire it always was, with a red coat of paint on it.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Do we want to talk about how chinese are basically genociding tibet population after they invaded it?

How they are seriously fucking up africa with their copious "investment money" that buys them political control over entire cities?

How their "amazon" equivalent and all their social media are 100% mining personal information for the state and they aren't even afraid of telling you they do (what can you do about it anyway?).

China isn't better than USA, they are just more effective as they can just not care about things like privacy or human rights on a scale that USA can't.
        USA is at war for about 217 years since independence. Excluding about 21 years of peace. Egypt, Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and it seems Iran will be next in the near future. Furthermore, China never dropped atomic bombs at civilians and afaik China didn't fed their own people with irradiated water like US did in the past. They're both bad, but saying China isn't better than USA is a blatant lie. USA' social media are doing the same, aren't they?
        Last edited by Wojcian; 21 February 2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
          Maybe try to mention it to non-mandarin minorities in China or to the people living in Chinese-occupied territories (Tibet for example).
          Regime is brutal and harsh up to and including camps of forced labour, prison camps, ethnic discrimination, religious discrimination, removing children from families for 'proper' re-education and the list keeps going.
          Do you really want me to mention holocaust of Indian people?

Comment

USA is at war for about 217 years since independence.
            No no no stop this, old history does not count. I'm talking of what they are doing NOW, within the time range where people that took that decision are still there, as if we start counting past events I can pull up some very fun constant internal war for millenia in the old Chinese Empire.

afaik China didn't fed their own people with irradiated water like US did in the past.
            Yeah I'm totally going to trust them to be open and honest about any of their fuckups. A nation that is well-known from sending journalists and any dissenting voice to gulag or worse.
            China never had any kind of minor nuclear incident with radioactive release, ever, never https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-accident.html
            never, any such claims are lies and misinformation of the westerner pigs https://www.rfa.org/english/news/chi...017121057.html

Fuck, I've been in a place in China where I KNEW there was a nuclear plant as we westerner pigs do have access to more info (china can't really hide that to outside nuclear power safety agencies as it's a bad thing), and guess what? No civilian in the area knew that it was a nuclear plant.

How many people in the US or anywhere else live near a nuclear reactor without being informed about it?

USA' social media are doing the same, aren't they?
            Not directly. It is used by agencies (bots and other external software) but they aren't getting direct data dumps from the company nor directly cooperating with the company to get better data like chinese do with Baidu services (their Google equivalent)or Wechat (their Watsapp equivalent).

When Facebook is caught selling personal info to companies they still get to court for the very least, too.

Do you really want me to mention holocaust of Indian people?
            If you mean Native American, we are talking of centuries ago.
            You want also to bring up slavery? Still history.

Should we say germans are bad and hate jews because of Nazi in WWII? No we should not.

Comment

Oh you guys...

The main reason I'm suspicious about Huawei is they use the phrase "Fixing known security vulnerability" (my emphasis) in their patch notes, referring to a particular CVE.

The CVE part is typical, but the way they phrase it suggests the need to defend themselves to an internal body for doing their job and fixing a potential way to get into their systems - "they knew this one already".

Comment

No no no stop this, old history does not count. I'm talking of what they are doing NOW, within the time range where people that took that decision are still there, as if we start counting past events I can pull up some very fun constant internal war for millenia in the old Chinese Empire.
                You're still ignoring modern times.

Yeah I'm totally going to trust them to be open and honest about any of their fuckups. A nation that is well-known from sending journalists and any dissenting voice to gulag or worse.
                Well, USA doesn't have to do this, because most of the (if not all of) US major news stations are government controlled. When there's some opposition they're not sent to gulags, but threaten different ways.

China never had any kind of minor nuclear incident with radioactive release, ever, never https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-accident.html
                never, any such claims are lies and misinformation of the westerner pigs https://www.rfa.org/english/news/chi...017121057.html
                You're not comparing nuclear accidents with nuclear attacks, are you? Like I said before China isn't so good, but still much better than USA. At least it makes much less harm to other nations.

Fuck, I've been in a place in China where I KNEW there was a nuclear plant as we westerner pigs do have access to more info (china can't really hide that to outside nuclear power safety agencies as it's a bad thing), and guess what? No civilian in the area knew that it was a nuclear plant.
                It's quite risky, but if there's no radiation it's still better than irradiated drinking water for American people.

Not directly. It is used by agencies (bots and other external software) but they aren't getting direct data dumps from the company nor directly cooperating with the company to get better data like chinese do with Baidu services (their Google equivalent)or Wechat (their Watsapp equivalent).
                That's a wishful thinking, nothing more.

When Facebook is caught selling personal info to companies they still get to court for the very least, too.
                Yes and government remains 'safe'.

If you mean Native American, we are talking of centuries ago.
                You want also to bring up slavery? Still history.
                Yes, but history describes nations the best. There are countries without slavery heritage.

Should we say germans are bad and hate jews because of Nazi in WWII? No we should not.
                Hitler was sponsored by American jews, so I wouldn't blame Germans only for WWII.

Comment

They're much more trustworthy than US company which polluted entire world with CPU's insecure by design.
                  It's funny you mention pollution in the context of China...

China is communist country, but it doesn't attack innocent ones like USA does.
                  China is waging war by economic means.

Comment

I wouldn't call it communist in any way shape or form, also I wouldn't call it dictatorship as there isn't a true single leader with real strong control over everything, their president is more or less a figurehead as no single person can realistically deal with managing a so large state in any way.
                    Do you uh... follow the non-tech news, much? Xi Jinping cleaned house in the Politburo, wrote himself into the constitution, and eliminated term limits. He's now bound by neither precedent nor any opposition of any real standing.

I consider it Communist, in the sense that the state still controls the means of production. Sure, it has markets, but the State controls the flow of capital, investments, subsidies, etc. and has very mercantilist policies.

It's definitely authoritarian, and their efforts at censorship don't stop at their borders or citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                      It's funny you mention pollution in the context of China...
                      I agree.

China is waging war by economic means.
                      USA is doing the same since many years.

Comment

Working...
                      X