Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openSUSE Leap 42.3 Officially Released

Phoronix: openSUSE Leap 42.3 Officially Released

The openSUSE Leap 42.3 release is now available, the build based off SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

PHP 7 was already added in 42.2

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post
      PHP 7 was already added in 42.2
      But it wasn't actually installed, I think it was simply built in the repos. And attempting to do so with a one-click didn't work for me either.
      More importantly, if I install Nextcloud which one is it going to use?
      And if the answer to that questions is 5.5 (ironically, even older than the version that came with Suse 13.2!), how do I change it so 7.0 is used instead?

Comment

Roll on Leap 15 when the whole stack is updated with useful defaults.

Congrats to suse, btw, despite my griping I love the distro.

Comment

Still miss the early days I used openSUSE haha...I am installing i3wm on a VM minimal install just to remember those great days!

Comment

Just upgraded from Leap 42.2 due to some mess I've made. Works great for now. Tomb Raider (2013) runs smooth on my R7 260X. Still problems with Eric5 (IDE), it won't run due to some locale settings. And Blender glitches, but that one is solved in Blender system settings (old problem with openGL, not related to openSUSE, but radeon driver as I know)

Comment

I couldn't find any information whether AMD Ryzen support has been back-ported. Is it really possible, that a new release doesn't support new hardware?!

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
                I couldn't find any information whether AMD Ryzen support has been back-ported. Is it really possible, that a new release doesn't support new hardware?!
                But who needs THAT new hardware? It does not even support a year-old RX480, and you're asking for Ryzen...

Comment

It'd be nice if Novell updated their SuSE Studio as well..

Latest you can use there is Leap 42.1 and sign-in using Google account lands you with an error message stating bug. Latter, for a long time now.

Comment

Suse studio was so cool. I think it should have been a local app to make machines like debian live creator. Not a web app.

Comment

Working...
                    X