Debian Still Debating Systemd vs. Upstart Init System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    ... I cannot judge them on technical merits.

But whenever I read discussions about them, I've always found the explanations of systemd's advantages to be more compelling, those arguing for systemd to be more coherent in their explanations, and most arguments against systemd were.. non-technical.
    THIS!

Comment

Originally posted by moonwalker View Post
      I've been using systemd on Debian in form of systemd-sysv package that completely replaces sysvinit package. There were some issues in earlier versions some year or two ago and a brief period where my system was for whatever reason booting actually a bit slower than before conversion, but right now on my Debian Sid desktop setup what takes the most time during boot is actually me entering 13-symbols-long LUKS password.
      I would recommend increasing your password length a bit..

Comment

Originally posted by busukxuan View Post
        [Offtopic]

No offense, but that was kinda sexist.
        [/Offtopic]
        Why do you "resonate" with sexism? It is of same value, as your nickname containing "bus" and all buses are polluters, so as I've had asked to remove "bus" from your nickname, because your nickname offends environment. These are nice shortcuts to allergies, illnesses, lose of taste and life essence.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
          ...seriously? It's not 1985 any more, dude.
          1985? Knowledge of yin/yang stretches into eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
            LOL!

I would love to see the reaction from the BSD devs that someone was porting the GIGANTIC STINKING PILE OF FAIL that is systemd to BSD.
            Systemd relates to launchd, similar to Pulseaudio relating to Coreaudio.
            Since BSD folks already started adopting launchd, the ORIGINAL GIGANTIC STINKING PILE OF FAIL, I don't get your argument at all.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
              Why do you "resonate" with sexism? It is of same value, as your nickname containing "bus" and all buses are polluters, so as I've had asked to remove "bus" from your nickname, because your nickname offends environment. These are nice shortcuts to allergies, illnesses, lose of taste and life essence.
              Just stop. Your initial post was indeed overtly sexist, now this is just senseless gibberish.

Comment

there should be a third option the multiplataform is very important
                i really don't trust in red hat or cannonical, red hat just wants beta testers and cannonical just cares about the smartphones
                Debian should drop support to gnome and use lxde or xfce, because gnome 3 "depends" of systemd.

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
                  Just stop. Your initial post was indeed overtly sexist, now this is just senseless gibberish.
                  Sorry, I have a penis. And my son does. What do you want me to have instead? Women also have more estrogen than testosterone, hence they act soft/yin/shadow, hence it is called woman approach without relation to any concrete female individual, and this approach is worse in some situation exactly as its better in others. Sexism is a backside of chauvinism, they are both ill mind states. Ask Dalai Lama, he knows more.

Comment

Sorry, I have a penis. And my son does. What do you want me to have instead? Women also have more estrogen than testosterone, hence they act soft/yin/shadow, hence it is called woman approach without relation to any concrete female individual, and this approach is worse in some situation exactly as its better in others. Sexism is a backside of chauvinism, they are both ill mind states. Ask Dalai Lama, he knows more.
                    Or, you could, you know... just leave gender out of this in the first place. It has nothing to do with the current debate, and yes, your comment was sexist, and we really don't need more of that.

Comment

Well I have a d**k too, but it doesn't mean I'm one.
                      Life tip: if you want to describe a soft approach, use soft. Do not use an arbitrary group in which an unknown proportion of individuals act using said approach. This applies for any group (with the exception of the "soft approaching people" group), and to any characteristic.

Comment

Working...
                      X