No announcement yet.

Mark Shuttleworth Now Plans To Restore Ubuntu's Community Council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, feel free to bitch about Ubuntu but still, it's the distro that's made desktop LInux popular. They fucked up a few times (Mir, Unity,...) but they're still the desktop Linux that's real.

Comment

Originally posted by ix900 View Post
      Personally, would have kept it axed. I care not one bit lol.
      Originally posted by waxhead View Post
      Meh ... could not care less. I am more than happy with Debian right here
      Funny, when I don't care about something, I don't leave comments.

You guys are like some insecure person that constantly talk about how they aren't bothered by a list of bothersome things, complaining constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
        Funny, when I don't care about something, I don't leave comments.

You guys are like some insecure person that constantly talk about how they aren't bothered by a list of bothersome things, complaining constantly.
        Well speaking for myself you are right in some sense. I do care enough to point out that I don't care about a particular subject. You need to understand that complaining has nothing to do with insecurity , but it has to do with voicing your view. If you agree with the point of view you do not consider it complaining. If you disagree you might.

Using the opportunity this forum gives you to voice your point of view , regardless if it is considered complaining or not is very important as it gives you the opportunity to voice your view, otherwise you would have apathy for relevant issues which I sadly think is a generic problem in the world today.

Complaining is especially important I think. There no better way to change things in a better direction than to complain about what you don't like which can start a discussion. In fact this is exactly the same you are doing by replying. This is freedom, and remember that for example freedom of software would not have been possible unless someone complained about non-freedom and did something with it.

It is also important to keep in mind that a complaint may be perfectly valid even if "everybody" else is disagreeing with you. Right and wrong is not democracy. it's validity has nothing to do with the majority's opinion. Especially therefore I think that complaining is more important than yapping too much about things that works and are good.

If you want to improve something or want things to be improved - then by all means complain about it!!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

If you want to improve something or want things to be improved - then by all means complain about it!!
          "I don't care about your comments, I am happy reading others"

^ That's you

Comment

Originally posted by eltomito View Post
            Guys, feel free to bitch about Ubuntu but still, it's the distro that's made desktop LInux popular. They fucked up a few times (Mir, Unity,...) but they're still the desktop Linux that's real.
            I'm pretty sure that's Android and Chromebooks; people don't even know they're running Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by macemoneta View Post

I'm pretty sure that's Android and Chromebooks; people don't even know they're running Linux.
              I don't think Android qualifies as desktop Linux. And I've only seen one person use a Chromebook in my entire life and he bought it by mistake, because the salesman didn't tell him it was a Chromebook.

Comment

I And I've only seen one person use a Chromebook in my entire life
                I bought one for my great Uncle and they're big in schools but that's about it

Comment

I don't think Android qualifies as desktop Linux. And I've only seen one person use a Chromebook in my entire life and he bought it by mistake, because the salesman didn't tell him it was a Chromebook.
                  Desktop Linux? Nope. "a Linux", "of Linux" well yeah.

Comment

Guys, feel free to bitch about Ubuntu but still, it's the distro that's made desktop LInux popular.
                    Originally posted by macemoneta View Post
                    I don't think Android qualifies as desktop Linux.
                    Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                    Desktop Linux? Nope. "a Linux", "of Linux" well yeah.
                    Oh my God, we just went over this. macemonta didn't catch the "desktop" in "desktop Linux popular".

Comment

snip
                      I respect your views, but, I don't think anyone important or anyone wielding any power or authority reads this forum or cares about anyone in it (especially since there's a lot of really crazy people here). Voicing opinions here may as well just be screaming into the void.

Comment

Working...
                      X