Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Shuttleworth Now Plans To Restore Ubuntu's Community Council

Phoronix: Mark Shuttleworth Now Plans To Restore Ubuntu's Community Council

Back on Friday there was Mark Shuttleworth's comments following some friction within the Ubuntu community and uncertainty over roles. After thinking about it over the weekend, he has decided to go ahead and work to reinstate the Ubuntu Community Council...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Meh ... could not care less. I am more than happy with Debian right here

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Personally, would have kept it axed. I care not one bit lol.

Comment

The illusion of a democracy in a corporation. That sounds so cute. I wish the luck.

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
          Meh ... could not care less. I am more than happy with Debian right here
          don't forget most of work in Debian are made by canonical works, Debian without canonical is nothing, only a ilusion, like fedora without redhat or opensuse with suse

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

don't forget most of work in Debian are made by canonical works, Debian without canonical is nothing, only a ilusion, like fedora without redhat or opensuse with suse
            What are some examples of this? Debian seemed to be doing fine before Canonical. I'm sure Debian owes a fair amount of it's desktop userbase to Canonical making Linux more approachable as a whole, but what are they doing that directly benefits Debian?

Comment

As with most Ubuntu things, in the end they always come back on their decisions to do something different. It only takes a long time.

Comment

Debian without Canonical is Debian.... not an illusion at all. Ubuntu developers do good things that benefit Debian , but the insane choices that Canonical does is really bad... not beneficial to anybody except maybe Microsoft.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

That picture thou

Ubuntu is like a "love letter noir", after following them and using them for a decade "our love is not meant to be". I really wish they would have gone the SUSE / OpenSUSE model and "cut the community loose" when it was at its strong point with strong autonomy.

My prejudice against the 6-month release cycle will stand until the end of time. It's important to have goals but IME with Always-On-Devices updates should be rolled out "When they're done" instead of throwing some bug-sandwich at users. You get the bug-sandwich without any of the benefits of rolling release either way, at least if you help fix bugs in rolling the fixes come in a week or two instead of 6+ months.

Comment

don't forget most of work in Ubuntu are made by Debian works, Ubuntu without Debian is nothing, only a ilusion, like fedora without redhat or opensuse with suse
                    fixed

Comment

Working...
                    X