Deepin Desktop Option Approved For Fedora 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Actually install it or fake install it and see it's dependencies if you don't believe these posts. I posted a screenshot earlier but it was removed. You can't even install the Deepin Control Panel without pulling in gnome-shell and gnome-desktop. It also uses a forked version of Mutter.
    I installed it on Solus through unofficial repo a few times now in the past 8 months or so and it didn't pull in any GNOME dependencies. Yes, it does use a forked version of Mutter, but it relies on Qt for everything else. Again: I did install it a few times now and it didn't pull in any GNOME dependencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I installed it on Solus through unofficial repo a few times now in the past 8 months or so and it didn't pull in any GNOME dependencies. Yes, it does use a forked version of Mutter, but it relies on Qt for everything else. Again: I did install it a few times now and it didn't pull in any GNOME dependencies.
      All I know is it's pulled in Gnome on Antergos, Arch, and, IIRC, Suse from my usual Plasma only systems.

If you used Budgie with Solus, you already had those Gnome dependencies installed since Budgie depends on them as well. Try installing it from any non-Gnome based desktop and you'll see that Deepin pulls in Gnome (or already includes Gnome if you pick a Deepin only live session).

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

All I know is it's pulled in Gnome on Antergos, Arch, and, IIRC, Suse from my usual Plasma only systems.

If you used Budgie with Solus, you already had those Gnome dependencies installed since Budgie depends on them as well. Try installing it from any non-Gnome based desktop and you'll see that Deepin pulls in Gnome (or already includes Gnome if you pick a Deepin only live session).
        No, I don't use Budgie on Solus, I use Plasma on Solus, so I didn't have GNOME dependencies installed.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
          ^ Literally one of the dumbest questions I have read in these forums.
          I look forward to installing Deepin. Just because it's from China and is OPEN SOURCE, with software inspected by OPEN EYES, does not make it a Forbidden software.
          As for Communist China. From my neighbours who immigrated here to Montreal, they state that for the most part, the quality of life and freedom (omitting politics) is great. Chinese have state-of-the-art Healthcare and pretty good working and vacation conditions. My neighbors came to Canada because of "cramming". Too many people for the amount of housing. China has a housing shortage.
          They, my neighbors are wonderful friendly caring people, the husband is a very skilled Pearl Python programmer, contributing to Canadian society.

Comment

Originally posted by lsatenstein View Post
            I look forward to installing Deepin. Just because it's from China and is OPEN SOURCE, with software inspected by OPEN EYES, does not make it a Forbidden software.
            As for Communist China. From my neighbours who immigrated here to Montreal, they state that for the most part, the quality of life and freedom (omitting politics) is great. Chinese have state-of-the-art Healthcare and pretty good working and vacation conditions. My neighbors came to Canada because of "cramming". Too many people for the amount of housing. China has a housing shortage.
            They, my neighbors are wonderful friendly caring people, the husband is a very skilled Pearl Python programmer, contributing to Canadian society.
            Yes, the quality of life there is so great, your neighbors couldn't wait to leave it behind and emigrate away. Lmao. There is a reason the line of immigrants waiting to enter is very very long for the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Nobody is immigrating to China. Think about why.

Comment

Originally posted by lixiao View Post

Sounds like the US government, yeah.
              Coming from a user with Chinese name, Li Xiao

Comment

My first taste was trying to install on Fedora 29. Really easy: sudo dnf install deepin-desktop
                Except installation fails and maintainer doesn't see that as a problem.

That doesn't make me want to trust it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
                  Deepin is surprisingly good. It could replace GNOME for people wanting a simpler desktop than KDE.
                  I believe it is a better gnome than gnome. Gnome developers do not listen to users, but to their sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                    Yes, the quality of life there is so great, your neighbors couldn't wait to leave it behind and emigrate away. Lmao. There is a reason the line of immigrants waiting to enter is very very long for the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Nobody is immigrating to China. Think about why.
                    They did not leave because of your conjectures. They left because there is a definite shortage of good housing. Apartments are small, no room for grandparents, parents and grandchildren to live in the same apartment. But life in most respects, it is the same such as good access to universities. Food is the same, perhaps more pork and fish than beef, but the rest of food variaty is the same. Electronics is a lot cheaper. Transportation is a problem due to the large population in densely populated areas.

Don't believe all the propaganda lies you see on the TV or the internet.

They came to open businesses to import goods from China. They see business opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                    X