X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indeed ...

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Strike two !
    This morning .. after last nights **vast** Ubuntu update ... the webcam player (CHEEZE) doesn't work, but the printer, LOGIN and sound do just fine. Just another day at the malfunctioning (home) office!

I can email the-EX-galpal a long overdue slam_down , but cannot include an obnoxious vid-clip. Ubuntu 10.04 is still practicing how.to.work! Oh well mebby next month.

Gawdsakes when was it .... 2001 ? I vaguely remember running a cheapo vidcam from DOS_6.22 on a 1-Gig PacBell! It always worked. Still have those vids on an old zip_drive! Let's see ... that was eight (9) years ago. Yep ... still have those DOS_6.22 floppies. Nope didn't same the mobo. Mebby the Ubuntu developers should have a look at the code to see how to make a vidcam work? Eh ... hehehe ...

Comment

Sound vanished this morning

Gents:

Continuing to document LL_10.04 variable status: This morning all sound function has vanished from my system. But printer, webcam and full_LOGIN remain available.

Comment

Continuing to document LL_10,04 status as low_beta practice-ware. This morning on-boot I'm missing both printer and vidcam function. The printer is nowhere to-be-seen. OTOH vidcam driver-app CHEEZE comes up with a black screen.

Both sound and LOGIN function nominally. Lucky I've got no crucial email this morning to print !

Comment

Holy cows ... my printer is working this morning ... guess LPR is not all "in-its-cups" har har har .....

Comment

Gents:

It's shocking ... everything is working at the same time. Printer/sound/vidcam ... mebby I should try again to get LM_sensors working .... mebby not.

I wonder what went wrong .....?

Comment

Ha hahahaha feckin-A Ubuntu !!!

OHMEOhmY .... This morning all sound and sound devices have vanished from my system ... say it ain't so LOW-BETA_LL-10.04 LTS !!!

Perhaps I could hire a voodoo **witch** to sprinkle chicken_blood over my system on a full-moon-night! Or drive a lemon-coated machete through its noisesome black heart! Where is DOS_6.22 when we really need it ha hahahahaha .....

Comment

Geebrz I missed it! My LOGIN-screen is missing a shutdown command. Har har har it's off to the command-line for ...

sudo shutdown -h now

Comment

sounds like you are constantly fucking up your system. Or you have some really big hardware trouble. Not even Ubuntu with its very fitting brown theme is THAT broken.

Comment

I wonder if Wine has reached the point where it can run Windows viruses on Linux ? Just a thought...

And no, I'm not serious
                    Test signature

Comment

tender loving care ...

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                      sounds like you are constantly fucking up your system. Or you have some really big hardware trouble. Not even Ubuntu with its very fitting brown theme is THAT broken.
                      I know ... it sounds like a put-on... but honest-to-goodness my new kit with installed LL_10.04 gets only tender loving care. It's really the system I've been "building up" to for years. I chose & assembled the hardware, burned & installed the OS. It initially behaved well.

My **last** build, an ASUS_M2N/AMD5400 ran U_8.04.1 without issue for 2 years. I had every confidence & stepped-up for the new kit.

AMD_965/MSI_gd70/NV9800gtx+/28" Hanns .... full_tower, 250&500G Sata, solid 650W Antec power and 6-G Crucial.

I compare this to my 1st (1981) Apple2+ and laugh. Now I got a mainframe !! Only the new mainframe got a poldergeist !

Comment

Working...
                      X