LL_10.04 has **not** exited low.beta status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tball View Post
    (I guess I shouldn't have answered you at all, you know. Don't feed the troll ;-))
    Looks like you guessed right

Comment

Wow what is up with that guy?? Anyway you first said you were a faithful Ubuntu user and then you go on like a stupid idiot reporting shit no one cares about and dont even bother trying to fix it... BTW u tried installing it again?? Becasue for almost every user we DONT have random things dissafearing and reapperaing unless you were removing them and adding them to the kernel each time you booted alternatly.

Just STFU Kthanks (Tho i would probs reply again ;P)

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
        Looks like you guessed right
        I guess. :-) Maybe its better just letting him doing his wonderful reports and just ignore him.

I still wonder why he choose phoronix.com instead of ubuntuforums.org, if he is looking for any 'namby-pamby lamby-pie' newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxjoe View Post
          Now that pitch misses the strike_zone. If I could afford to pay for software support I'd ... run MAC kit and OS. Wouldn't every desktop ??
          Haha good joke! I don't even use it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by zeealpal View Post
            Wow what is up with that guy?? Anyway you first said you were a faithful Ubuntu user and then you go on like a stupid idiot reporting shit no one cares about and dont even bother trying to fix it... BTW u tried installing it again?? Becasue for almost every user we DONT have random things dissafearing and reapperaing unless you were removing them and adding them to the kernel each time you booted alternatly.

Just STFU Kthanks (Tho i would probs reply again ;P)
            UBUNTU should not need to be re-installed. Usrland OS are never re-installed. They need to recognize internal config errors and shortcomings ... and fix them automagically. Lusrs are to be kept aware of the issues and progress toward a solution. That self-healing function is what it means to be a usrland OS.

In its low_beta stages, even a usrland OS fails in this most basic of self-healing tasks. A concerned user will show patience while noting the advance or decline of function. I do this for UBUNTU_10.04 on Phoronix as a service ( humor is very human ) to fellow casual Ubuntu users.
            If local byteboyz don't like it then tufftit.

Comment

Yeah will it always helps. Many things arnt meant to be, but if you are trying to actually use Ubuntu then reinstalling it (try 10.10b) might actually get it working.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxjoe View Post
                echo "I am experiencing the following problems:"
                cat /dev/urandom
                Would have been much more polite, and more accurately depicted your problem than the rants you have provided.

Your problems all boil down to system hardware instability. Its obvious that you are either screwing with packages or your box is looney.

Please run memtest86 on your box and then come for help / to rant.

Comment

Originally posted by kazetsukai View Post
                  Would have been much more polite, and more accurately depicted your problem than the rants you have provided.

Your problems all boil down to system hardware instability. Its obvious that you are either screwing with packages or your box is looney.

Please run memtest86 on your box and then come for help / to rant.

Why would you suggest memtest86? There is no such (usrland) icon on my system? You do **rem** I enforce usrland behavior w.r.t. my system , not byteboyz behavior. No compile/burn/blablabla. Usrland behavior is very **restrictive** behavior. Ubuntu_10.04LTS oversteps and underperforms those restrictions.

Publication of that **fact** is a very important outcome of my Phoronix posts and of these exchanges. I do not disrepect your choice of a non-usrland OS. But, Ubuntu has for **years** publicly proclaimed its membership in the usrland OS clubhouse. The **fact** is otherwise as my posts demonstrate -- UBUNTU lacking crucial features of a lusrland OS is a hobbist, programmer or admins OS ... or to use my humorous **technical** term Ubuntu is a byteboyz OS.

It's unfit for casual use ... as its 0.98% usage rating strongly implies. I politely identify it as a **low beta wanna-B**. I demonstrate the lack! The lack of a memtest86 icon **amuzingly** tells the whole story in one nutshell.

Comment

I am a little confused here...
                    The OP is quite hard to understand.

Is the problem that different things are breaking with Ubuntu updates is the problem that different devices are not functioning when the machines boots?

If the former then that can happen a little bit, My upside down webcam can fix and unfix itself. But this all sounds a bit odd.

The later could indicate that the devices are not getting enough power and so only some are functioning properly or it could indicate that memory corruption is occurring (though this usually manifests in other ways as well).

It would be very helpful to know what the hardware being used is...

Comment

three functions fail or function together upon re-boot

Originally posted by kayosiii View Post
                      I am a little confused here...
                      The OP is quite hard to understand.

Is the problem that different things are breaking with Ubuntu updates is the problem that different devices are not functioning when the machines boots?

If the former then that can happen a little bit, My upside down webcam can fix and unfix itself. But this all sounds a bit odd.

The later could indicate that the devices are not getting enough power and so only some are functioning properly or it could indicate that memory corruption is occurring (though this usually manifests in other ways as well).

It would be very helpful to know what the hardware being used is...

Three functions -- (all)sound, (webcam)CHEESE and (option)LOGOUT ... either **all** function properly or all fail together from one OS boot to the next. None fail while operating. All (seem to) fail together, but whether one may fail without the others failing is unclear.

**sound** failure means NO computer sound whatsoever
                      **webcam** failure means CHEEZE starts up , but then crashes before showing any image
                      **LOGOUT** failure means the "normal" screen containing shutdow/logout/... options is not listed; a screen permitting LOGOUT/LOGIN appears with no SHUTDOWN option. One must do a CLI [ sudo shutdown -h now ] to turn off the computer.

**NB** A (random?) printer failure with the same behavior continued for months ... the printer being/not-being installed on boot. Then a CUPS update showed up several weeks ago and the printer problem vanished. AFAIKT pure black magic!

KIT:

AMD965 @ stock speed & HS/F
                      MS_790-gd70 BIOS 1.4
                      NV_9800gtx+
                      Hanns-G 27.5"
                      650 W ASUS power
                      6 Gig Crucial ram
                      650 & 500 Gig Sata HD
                      ALx3 speakers/Logitec webcam/BR-DVD/legacy-Dell KB/MS mouse/Scythe fc

Comment

Working...
                      X