Xfce 4.20 Aiming For Usable Wayland Support While Maintaining X11 Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    Ok dude, but legit who asked about lock screen?

Can you give an actual valid example of such a problem in the god damn BROWSER because that's what the topic was about.

Who needs a lock screen inside of browser WASM? WTF? Stop grasping at straws. Pretty sure the browser itself cannot lock your screen anyway, so it's a completely off topic and nonsensical example.
    Clear desk rules for papers and removable storage media and clear screen rules for information processing facilities should be defined and appropriately enforced.

Fun of ISO27001 2022 a 7.7 and equal. Anyone implement a system that has to stick to these security rules asks about lock screen.
    One of the reason you visit quite a few government sites and find that if your browser user agent string says X11 you are blocked is because X11 does not have working lock-screen.

Yes browser cannot lock screen but a OS that does not have correct lock screen if detected can be classed as a Invalid client to connect.

Weasel these government rules are causing people trouble.

Chrome v84, released on 14th July, brought with it the Screen Wake Lock API - a way for developers to...

Yes you are right a browser cannot cause screen to lock but has a feature to prevent screen locking.

Weasel on ISO27001 and others you need to catch up. X11 does not pass many different security rules around the world.

Weasel like it or not its not nonsensical example. One of the reason why Linux desktop has trouble getting desktop market share is you do business with governments you need to sign off that you desktops all meet something like ISO27001 with functional lock screens even if the way you will be interfacing with the government will be web browser.

X11 issue with Lock screen is only tip of little security things that Windows and Mac OS can do but X11 desktop environment cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
      https://preteshbiswas.com/2023/01/16...-clear-screen/

Fun of ISO27001 2022 a 7.7 and equal. Anyone implement a system that has to stick to these security rules asks about lock screen.
      One of the reason you visit quite a few government sites and find that if your browser user agent string says X11 you are blocked is because X11 does not have working lock-screen.

Yes browser cannot lock screen but a OS that does not have correct lock screen if detected can be classed as a Invalid client to connect.

Weasel these government rules are causing people trouble.

Chrome v84, released on 14th July, brought with it the Screen Wake Lock API - a way for developers to...

Yes you are right a browser cannot cause screen to lock but has a feature to prevent screen locking.

Weasel on ISO27001 and others you need to catch up. X11 does not pass many different security rules around the world.

Weasel like it or not its not nonsensical example. One of the reason why Linux desktop has trouble getting desktop market share is you do business with governments you need to sign off that you desktops all meet something like ISO27001 with functional lock screens even if the way you will be interfacing with the government will be web browser.

X11 issue with Lock screen is only tip of little security things that Windows and Mac OS can do but X11 desktop environment cannot.
      Man you keep babbling about completely unrelated things, just stop.

The user agent has NOTHING to do with an in-browser X11 compositor. It's reporting the display server used by the browser, not within the browser.

Literally nothing you ever said applies to the topic at hand.

Comment

Man you keep babbling about completely unrelated things, just stop.

The user agent has NOTHING to do with an in-browser X11 compositor. It's reporting the display server used by the browser, not within the browser.

Literally nothing you ever said applies to the topic at hand.
        I wrote this.

Phoronix: Xfce 4.20 Aiming For Usable Wayland Support While Maintaining X11 Compatibility Xfce developers have updated their Wayland roadmap this week to reflect their latest plans around the Xfce 4.20 release... https://www.phoronix.com/news/Xfce-4.20-Wayland-Roadmap

X11 is unusable for may tasks because it design is a security nightmare. Like X11 cannot have a functionally correct lock screen. The result of this issue may parts will not fund your X11 bar metal.
        And you decided to argue with it weasel.

Yes browser reporting display manager type that insecure. Should not the site block you.

Many tasks you have to perform for a many government contracts you cannot perform legally using X11 session due to it failing security.

You wanted examples so you asks for this and is on the topic you asked for Weasel.

Comment

I wrote this.

Phoronix: Xfce 4.20 Aiming For Usable Wayland Support While Maintaining X11 Compatibility Xfce developers have updated their Wayland roadmap this week to reflect their latest plans around the Xfce 4.20 release... https://www.phoronix.com/news/Xfce-4.20-Wayland-Roadmap

And you decided to argue with it weasel.

Yes browser reporting display manager type that insecure. Should not the site block you.

Many tasks you have to perform for a many government contracts you cannot perform legally using X11 session due to it failing security.

You wanted examples so you asks for this and is on the topic you asked for Weasel.
          No the topic was X11 in WASM. I didn't argue with it, I simply said it's completely off topic and has nothing to do with it. That's not an argument lmfao.

You can't just bring up anything you want and expect people to drift it like you want no matter how irrelevant it is.

Comment

No the topic was X11 in WASM. I didn't argue with it, I simply said it's completely off topic and has nothing to do with it. That's not an argument lmfao.

You can't just bring up anything you want and expect people to drift it like you want no matter how irrelevant it is.

Weasel follow this thread backwards. This is not the WASM thread. Wasm is off topic this is pure X11 bare metal and I have been answering in this way. You have crossed threads.

Basically bringing WASM into this thread is you trying to move the goal posts Weasel. Yes you have been caught attempt to move the goal posts so stop. Now take the answer I have been giving in the correct context of X11 bare metal because that the thread I am answering on..

Comment

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...26#post1442726

Weasel follow this thread backwards. This is not the WASM thread. Wasm is off topic this is pure X11 bare metal and I have been answering in this way. You have crossed threads.

Basically bringing WASM into this thread is you trying to move the goal posts Weasel. Yes you have been caught attempt to move the goal posts so stop. Now take the answer I have been giving in the correct context of X11 bare metal because that the thread I am answering on..
              Yeah, maybe I messed the threads up, you're right. That's my bad. You could've said that earlier though.

Comment

Wayland? I'd rather limited development resource be spend on something usable. How about multimonitor support that does not move your log in screen around constantly?

Comment

Working...
                X