TuxClocker 1.5 Released With Radeon RX 7000 Series Fan Control Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TuxClocker 1.5 Released With Radeon RX 7000 Series Fan Control Support

Phoronix: TuxClocker 1.5 Released With Radeon RX 7000 Series Fan Control Support

TuxClocker as the open-source, hardware/driver vendor independent overclocking and power management control utility for Linux systems is out with a new feature release. This Qt-based utility for enthusiasts continues adding new controls primarily around greater power/performance tunables for CPUs and GPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Preinstalled it on my NixOS system.

Comment

I would like to install this on Fedora but cannot find the exact terminal steps.

Comment

Originally posted by cazzie.nl View Post
        I would like to install this on Fedora but cannot find the exact terminal steps.
        Qt overclocking tool for GNU/Linux. Contribute to Lurkki14/tuxclocker development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

It won’t install on gentoo unfortunately.

Comment

Thank you Lurkki for your quick answer, unfortunately it did not work - will check tomorrow again & report error msg's.

Comment

I had hope that Tuxclocker would work with the 7800XT. I'm not sure what's up but i can't even name my profiles .... fan speed settings don't seem to like the GPU I have. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by bitterseeds View Post
                I had hope that Tuxclocker would work with the 7800XT. I'm not sure what's up but i can't even name my profiles .... fan speed settings don't seem to like the GPU I have. Bummer.
                Linux 6.7 is needed for the fan control. If it still happens with that I'd appreciate a report on the repo

Comment

Originally posted by Lurkki View Post

Linux 6.7 is needed for the fan control. If it still happens with that I'd appreciate a report on the repo
                  Doh. I'm a derp. I forgot I backed down to 6.6.x

Thanks for pointing that out. I need more coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurkki View Post

Undervolting works, too?

Does it work with nvidia gpus if you are using Wayland (instead of X? - or it'll work *in spite* of Wayland since it'll utilize XWayland or?)?

Comment

Working...
                    X