No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6.0 Ends September With Many New Features & Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what peoples problem is with the floating panel as default thing.
    Everything is customizable, you can make it detached from corner or whatever size you want.
    The process to customize the panel or anything in Plasma is not complicated like Gnome, it really should not be a topic for argument.

I just hope they can get Multi-Display improvements, VRR, and HDR10/10+ working at some point. ATM VRR just flickers on my 7900XTX with the Plasma5-WL, is borked.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

It sounds like they're saying the bottom-left pixel on the screen is still considered an active region which triggers the menu when clicked.
      I was just talking about the concept itself (since I do not have Plasma6 screenshots). And then I (and others) added that since Plasma is configurable, this would would be just a minor annoyance.
      In other words, floating panels have a built in flaw, but as long as they're not the only option, we're good.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Floating panels are just an example of form over function. On a proper panel, the "start" button is in the very corner of your monitor. You can hit it without looking (or with your eyes closed, if you wanted). On a floating panel, it's... well, not there. So it takes extra effort, dedicated attention to activate it.
        Now, for Plasma, that may not be an issue. I for one, hit the "start" menu very rarely, since I can launch everything via KRunner. Plus, it's KDE, you can just set it the way you want.
        Yes' that's exactly what I don't like as I prefer functionality over looks and I prefer to have the start menu in the left bottom corner and show desktop in the right bottom corner to be able to click them quickly and yes even when I'm not looking at the monitor or I have my eyes closed, for whatever reason.

Comment

I believe it is the right approach for a DE to integrate more tightly with existing system interfaces. Exposing some batter/power things, Webcam or system-init settings via the DE is really neat and slick. I like KDE. And every release that does not highlight 'fixed bugs on Wayland' is a good one, since it might hint at wayland support finally and slowly settling.

Comment

Originally posted by Draget View Post
            I believe it is the right approach for a DE to integrate more tightly with existing system interfaces. Exposing some batter/power things, Webcam or system-init settings via the DE is really neat and slick. I like KDE. And every release that does not highlight 'fixed bugs on Wayland' is a good one, since it might hint at wayland support finally and slowly settling.
            I don't think the issue here is a lack of will to integrate said interfaces. The problem is there are so many interfaces to integrate, so it's tough to know what goes where. Ideally, you want a taksbar icon for quick access, but at the same time, you can't put everything in the taskbar. And if doesn't go into the taskbar, where do you put it?
            But all things considered, I think KDE handles these really well.

Comment

Working...
            X