KDE Plasma 6 Has Reached The Point Of Being "Fairly Livable"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
    Every time a DE is mentioned there's always a fight in the comments which is honestly why I'm here
    That's true, and it's goofy. The situation here however, is that this "sophicles" character is the one who tried to start a flame war by calling KDE unusable and "lousy software". I went on to ridicule him... not because I was defending or attacking any certain desktop, but because he gives off the scent of a hyper-critical linux n00b, who treats open software like competing sports teams and loves bashing them, to make himself seem as "discerning" and having "impeccable taste." Now he replied to you and said all the fighting is because people defend bad software. Note noone replied to him but me, and all I did was make fun of his attitude. He's actually the type that starts all this "my desktop vs your desktop" drama. If you question him, he tells you he's run linux for 20 years, like he wants to compare resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

There's a "fight" because this forum is full of people with blinders on that refuse to acknowledge any shortcomings with whatever their preferred hardware/software stack is:
      [...]
      This forum is the same thing, full of AMD loving, Nvidia/Intel hating, Fedora/Arch/KDE/Gnome lovers that are either unwilling or unable to take a step back and look at their devotion objectively.
      You could just replace "loving" with "hating" and it describes you. You're no different, and you're starting the fight. You attack software, and then blame the fight on those that might defend it. You're just as devoted, but in the negative rather than positive sense. All you do is tear down and critique. It's not impressive, bud. It's funny how you're right that this forum is filled with internecine squabbles about inconsequential BS, but then attempt to distance yourself from it, as if you're "rising above", when you actually are the one who tried to start trouble. Very transparent.

Note I didn't defend KDE at all... I only ridiculed your attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

There's a "fight" because this forum is full of people with blinders on that refuse to acknowledge any shortcomings with whatever their preferred hardware/software stack is:

The AMD faithful will ignore any shortcoming related to either CPU's or GPU's and instead rag on Nvidia and/or Intel.

The Nvidia haters will rag on anything Nvidia and shower love on AMD.

The open source fanatics will rag on the proprietary Nvidia and AMD drivers.

Gnome fanatics will defend Gnome no matter what.

KDE fanatics will defends KDE no matter what.

Linux lovers will rag on Windows and Mac OS.

Fedora lovers will defend Fedora no matter what.

Arch user will defend Arch no matter what.

None of these people will acknowledge anything wrong with what they are defending and will react with hostility if anyone dares to mention an opposing view point.

It almost like a religion or more accurately what has been happening with Trump for the past 5 or so years, those that love him with defend anything he says or does, those that loathe him will use anything he says or does as proof that they are right about him and it seems few are able to take a step back and consider the totality of the situation.

This forum is the same thing, full of AMD loving, Nvidia/Intel hating, Fedora/Arch/KDE/Gnome lovers that are either unwilling or unable to take a step back and look at their devotion objectively.
        If this forum is so bad...

Why are you here?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

If this forum is so bad...

Why are you here?
          They have nothing else going on in their life.

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post

They have nothing else going on in their life.
            Late post, but I agree...

Comment

Working...
            X