Lutris 0.5.13 Beta Released With Proton Support, Itch.io Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutris 0.5.13 Beta Released With Proton Support, Itch.io Integration

Phoronix: Lutris 0.5.13 Beta Released With Proton Support, Itch.io Integration

Lutris 0.5.13 Beta is out this weekend as the newest test release for this open-source game manager that makes it easier to install and play video games from multiple game stores, emulators, and integration with other services...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo: SvummMM

Comment

I used to use Lutris a lot but i switched to using Heroic (HeroicGamesLauncher).
      It's not the same kind of program but it helps me play my games​
      Last edited by Nille_kungen; 11 February 2023, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I thought Proton usage was disencouraged due to issues with how it interacts with regular Wine prefixes. Anyone know what's different now?

Comment

I wish they would offer better KDE integration!

Comment

Originally posted by ridge View Post
            I thought Proton usage was disencouraged due to issues with how it interacts with regular Wine prefixes. Anyone know what's different now?
            It looks like they've added actual handling for Proton now, so it's no longer just assuming that it's a regular Wine packaging.

Comment

Originally posted by ridge View Post
              Prefixes that gets created with Proton still has steamuser directory iirc.

Main difference is; Lutris is basically offloading their DXVK/VKD3D/Wine management to Steam this way.

Lutris as of today; still ships a Wine 7.2 based build, DXVK 1.10.3 ( August 2 2022 ) , vkd3d-proton 2.6 ( March 4 2022 ) . So they will likely to be keeping those in an unmaintained state while adding Proton support will be a good alternative for people to say : Just use Proton!

So none of the earlier concerns have changed etc., it is just Lutris needs Proton for different reasons.

Comment

Does it make a difference if you use HeroicGamesLauncher, Lutris or Bottle or just wine.git + DXVK + VKD3D-Proton + Q4Wine.git?
                Games on local disks that don't run under Manjaro with wine.git + DXVK + VKD3D-Proton + Q4Wine.git don't run with Lutris, Bottle or HeroicGamesLauncher either.
                Or are there certain settings I'm overlooking in the various GameLauncher?​

Generally, a lot of games run with wine.git + DXVK + VKD3D-Proton, but I keep trying different ways to somehow get the few games that don't start to work. Most of the time they seem to start with a newer wine.git version at some point.

About my approach:
                - fetched wine.git from the AUR
                - Q4wine.git fetched from the AUR
                - set the Wine-Config to Windows 11
                - fetched dxvk from the AUR and added it to Wine.git via setup_dxvk install
                - fetched vkd3d-proton from the AUR and added it to Wine.git via setup_vkd3d_proton install.
                - Installed local games via setup.exe using Wine-git and started them with Game.exe.

Are there any improvements to this procedure and do more games run under the game launcher than with this method?

Many thanks for your feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by SerialCool View Post
                  Does it make a difference if you use HeroicGamesLauncher, Lutris or Bottle or just wine.git + DXVK + VKD3D-Proton + Q4Wine.git?
                  Games on local disks that don't run under Manjaro with wine.git + DXVK + VKD3D-Proton + Q4Wine.git don't run with Lutris, Bottle or HeroicGamesLauncher either.
                  Or are there certain settings I'm overlooking in the various GameLauncher?​

Generally, a lot of games run with wine.git + DXVK + VKD3D-Proton, but I keep trying different ways to somehow get the few games that don't start to work. Most of the time they seem to start with a newer wine.git version at some point.

About my approach:
                  - fetched wine.git from the AUR
                  - Q4wine.git fetched from the AUR
                  - set the Wine-Config to Windows 11
                  - fetched dxvk from the AUR and added it to Wine.git via setup_dxvk install
                  - fetched vkd3d-proton from the AUR and added it to Wine.git via setup_vkd3d_proton install.
                  - Installed local games via setup.exe using Wine-git and started them with Game.exe.

Are there any improvements to this procedure and do more games run under the game launcher than with this method?

Many thanks for your feedback!
                  All of those projects ( Lutris, Heroic, Bottles) has discord servers that you can get support via there. A Phoronix article comments section is not a proper place to get support.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

All of those projects ( Lutris, Heroic, Bottles) has discord servers that you can get support via there. A Phoronix article comments section is not a proper place to get support.
                    Good.

Then I would generalize the question.

Does it matter if you use Wine.git + DXVK + VKD3D-Proton or any other game launcher?
                    After all, all Linux game launchers are built on Wine + DXVK + VKD3D-Proton.
                    Most game launchers also use (only) the stable Wine version, while the Wine-Git version is newer and thus more (newer) games might work.

I think my general question can't be answered via a Discord server, as each game launcher community has its own opinion and experience.

Are there possibly general statistics or experiences, whether and with which Game-Lauchner more games work than with Wine.git + DXVK + VK3D-Proton?

Hope with this question, you can start more.​
                    Last edited by SerialCool; 12 February 2023, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X