KDE Plasma 5.27 To Provide Better Multi-Monitor Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by degrees57 View Post
    This is good news. I'm stuck on an old version of LibreOffice (6.2) because anything newer is pretty much unsuable under multi-monitor KDE. There is a particular configuration where if LibreOffice is launched on one monitor and is never moved to the other monitor, the newer versions of LibreOffice don't break. But then I forget that the setup is so fragile, and move a window ... ugh. Easier to just downgrade to something not broken and stay there. Less than ideal.
    I don't quite understand what you're talking about. Using LibreOffice 6.4 on a KDE multi screen layout myself, I also didn't notice any odd behavior.
    Is it about the window placement? In that case, nothing is going to change, since the stuff that is mentioned in the article doesn't really change the behavior here.
    Also, if that is it, then it doesn't have to be Plasma's fault. Application can request a certain geometry and position, which might be what LibreOffice does.
    If that bothers you, you can tell Plasma to ignore it. Just right click on a window and go for "Configure special application settings". There, you can add a match for the application, add the property "Ignore requested geometry" and set it to "yes". If you done it correctly, it should now behave just like any other window. If not, then it might actually be some Plasma bug.

Comment

Sorry - I missed that you replied to my post. The problem was in LibreOffice; the rendering within a document was fouled up. It was a weird interaction between LibreOffice and KDE Plasma. Backrevving LibreOffice to version 6.4 fixed it, rendering documents correctly / usable. However, a few weeks ago when I saw the update to KDE Plasma 5.27 came through, I tried the latest version of LibreOffice and all is good again.

Comment

Working...
      X