No announcement yet.

Chrome 75 vs. Firefox 67 / 68 Beta Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but I'm wondering how they did on the various data-slurp benchmarks. How about motion-slurp, jet-slurp, canvas-slurp, web-slurp, and octane-slurp? Did Chrome slurp all your personal and financial and medical data faster, and re-sell it to corporations and the dark web faster?

Also, which browser was better and faster at blocking the functions of ad blockers? Which browser left you more vulnerable to adware trackers and malicious adware more quickly and effectively?

These are the important tests. We are consumers - we need to be consumed.

Comment

Originally posted by deadite66 View Post
      Considering Google are going to hobble addons like ublock i'd rather still with Firefox regardless.
      I'm using Vivaldi. If they work around this, I'll keep using it. Else I will have to resort to Firefox, unfortunately (or find a way to turn one add-on into a script and import that into Falkon's GreaseMonkey).

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer View Post
        Thanks for doing this!

Given Goggle's anti-consumer decisions about ad-block recently, I'd be interested in a similar comparison of Chrome vs. Chromium-derived browsers that are committing to keep ad-blocking (e.g. Vivaldi, Brave, Opera). Maybe toss in a couple of the FireFox-derived browsers like Waterfox and Palemoon to round out.
        Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post

I love tabs on top. It saves huge amounts of pixels for me, and I think not only browsers but all programs should do the same. Laptops will be thankful more than even.
          I'm a laptop user, but I hate tabs on top. Tabs on the left ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by lolren View Post
            But, Firefox it`s the only browser that keep AD blockers extensions alive.
            No, it's not. Vivaldi and Brave also keep it alive and various browsers have lightweight integrated ad blockers that they keep alive, like Falkon for example (but you could write your own as well as Falkon supports extensions).

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Both forks of Chrome.
              But at least Vivaldi has way more customization options and you can also skin/mod the UI, just like in Firefox.

Comment

On my debian system I never get crisp font rendering with chromium based browsers, so it's Gecko for all actual web surfing.
                Chrome is ok for netflix though.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                  Yeah, but I'm wondering how they did on the various data-slurp benchmarks. How about motion-slurp, jet-slurp, canvas-slurp, web-slurp, and octane-slurp? Did Chrome slurp all your personal and financial and medical data faster, and re-sell it to corporations and the dark web faster?

Also, which browser was better and faster at blocking the functions of ad blockers? Which browser left you more vulnerable to adware trackers and malicious adware more quickly and effectively?

These are the important tests. We are consumers - we need to be consumed.
                  Michael where are *these* benchmarks?

(excellent post sir)

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

But it is always disable in Chrome anyway...
                    Yeah, it seems it's been changed recently.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

Yeah, it seems it's been changed recently.
                      Hardware accelerated video decoding have always been disabled in Chrome on Linux, though some distros patch it back in, in their Chromium versions.

Comment

Working...
                      X