GNOME Publishes Draft Of Five-Year Strategic Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doomer View Post
    I still don't understand why this foundation even exists... None of the things they said they will do actually matter to anyone outside the foundation, the foundation exists to please the foundation, tell me how this is not some elaborate money laundering scheme...
    dude why even bother questioning the foundation motives you know its like all these other orgs they just exist to circlejerk themselves the real stuff happens outside these walls like on the streets in the markets CAPS LOCK REALITY CHECK money laundering is just the tip of the iceberg no one actually knows what these big orgs do behind closed doors always a mystery just like how they say they help but wheres the proof man just a lot of talk and paperwork if you ask me

Comment

I wish xfce4 would give at least 1\10 of the money that Gnome is burying.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
        What the heck are you even talking about?
        I'm explaining the difference between equality and equity. I even included an illustration from the internet so make sure everyone gets the point.

Read their political talking points - it's just vague bs about diversity. So, what was the problem before? They weren't diverse enough?
        I don't know and honestly don't care.
        My answer was directed to guzz46 that requested that everyone should be treated equally. You should direct questions to the foundation directly.
        Last edited by oleid; 23 May 2024, 06:38 PM.

Comment

What the heck are you even talking about? Read their political talking points - it's just vague bs about diversity. So, what was the problem before? They weren't diverse enough? They have pictures of them on one of their websites. How are they not diverse enough? It's just about a bunch of nonsensical political garbage - when they were supposed to be fixing their finances since they're an incompetent, irresponsible debt-ridden organization.
          what a joke seriously just because they not saying what you wanna hear you throw a tantrum and think it's all over your head oh please get a grip it's about doing what's needed and yeah maybe it's vague cus you don't get the fine print or maybe you just ignoring the actual good it does and just seeing what you wanna see which by the way is how biases get started and no one asked for your two cents either so maybe take a step back and see it ain't about you GET REAL

Comment

It's rather funny how a lot of it can be boiled down to "Let's spend the next 5 years bragging about how great GNOME has been for the past 25 years!"

Activate more diverse, under-served, female, transgender, and younger users and creators worldwide through direct outreach, relevant programs, and new commercial and nonprofit partnerships.
            Right wingers are gonna love y'all for wanting to have commercial partnerships between transgenders and children in your agenda.

Increase direct economic benefit of GNOME for developers through certification program, API course, badge program, promotion of Flathub, and new ideas. For example, launch a badging program — “powered by GNOME”; users can buy GNOME approved device, and we create supply chains; also launch a GNOME certification course for creators to fuel learning and quality output.
            About time. Fix them plugins.

Support use of GNOME technologies in other contexts, i.e., different mobile platforms, cross-desktop, embedded, and encourage creation of simple GNOME apps using GTK (fundable), and emphasize that Linux desktops depend on GNOME technology, free desktop stack, a full desktop stack.
            Bitch, please.

Quantify our impact in numbers through charts and graphs and a portfolio of specific things we have created, using stories and numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by bhptitotoss View Post

what a joke seriously just because they not saying what you wanna hear you throw a tantrum and think it's all over your head oh please get a grip it's about doing what's needed and yeah maybe it's vague cus you don't get the fine print or maybe you just ignoring the actual good it does and just seeing what you wanna see which by the way is how biases get started and no one asked for your two cents either so maybe take a step back and see it ain't about you GET REAL
              LOL!
              Chill....

Comment

Nice plan, I choose LXQt.

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post
                  This is not true. The very first item that STF grant in GNOME is targeted towards is accessibility. Red Hat also has a full time developer (who himself is blind) working on a new stack for accessibility. As someone who depends on accessibility features, I track this work closely. I suspect you are not.
                  Okay. He's blind and he probably focuses on blind accessibility. But there are other disabilities with different needs and those aren't solved. Theming is essential for some disabilities, for example. As someone said, ASD and such requires theming.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    It's rather funny how a lot of it can be boiled down to "Let's spend the next 5 years bragging about how great GNOME has been for the past 25 years!" Right wingers are gonna love y'all for wanting to have commercial partnerships between transgenders and children in your agenda. About time. Fix them plugins. Bitch, please. ​
                    You did read my mind! They want a GNOME dystopia, everyone depending on GNOME crap with lots of GTK crap and related. What about making platform agnostic technologies shared among desktop environments and window managers? It's better to emphasize sectarian methodologies in FOSS! They are the makers of GStreamer, that SHIT (for example). GNOME is a sect.

Comment

5 year plan to dump engineering money into professional racism and line the pockets of everyone except engineers... basically exactly what I expected.

Comment

Working...
                      X