No announcement yet.

Mozilla Has A New CEO To Focus On The Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The expressed intent to focus on the browser is encouraging. That she was a recent addition to the board and has a non-technical background is discouraging.

As for politics... Too early to call. But I really wish incompetent advocates who hurt their own side would read more and post less.

I wish the best of luck to Mozilla, and to the new CEO her true objectives are good.

Comment

• Originally posted by yump View Post
      The expressed intent to focus on the browser is encouraging. That she was a recent addition to the board and has a non-technical background is discouraging.

As for politics... Too early to call. But I really wish incompetent advocates who hurt their own side would read more and post less.

I wish the best of luck to Mozilla, and to the new CEO her true objectives are good.
      I have significant doubts the new CEO will be good, but giving the benefit of the doubt is the only right thing to do. One of three things will happen
      1) She actually turns mozilla around
      2) She's just baker 2.0
      3) She accelerated the downfall of mozilla

Honestly I either 1 or 3 is good thing to me Either mozilla becomes better which yay, or mozilla dies faster and we rip of the bandaid. 2 is just the status quo so no difference.

Comment

• Not that it really matters but according to another news outlet she apparently will only have that position only until the end of the year and after that a new CEO will be selected.

So yeah, I highly doubt there will be any significant changes in that time frame.

Comment

• I don't use firefox as a web browser, it gets used as a glorified financial service login utility and that's it. I use Brave as a browser and continually updated through flatpak.

Comment

• Originally posted by DumbFsck View Post
            if I were a mother who really lactated A LOT more than necessary, like some women are, having a "smart" as in "automatic" pump quietly collect milk throughout the day would be great.
            That doesn't make any sense, why would you run around with a pump attached the whole day? That can't be practical. If your child doesn't empty the breast then you as a mother know it and can manually attach a "dumb" pump, afterwards you need to deposit it in he fridge and there is no point in wearing the pump anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anux View Post
              I don't even need a full fledged browser, everything that has a decent ad filter, video support and can display all websites would be fine by me, I can always use another browser if I need special functionality for some rare things. The less the better.
              Servo as an alternative for the webengine-backend in qutebrowser would be sweet. Its UI is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaynine View Post
                Not that it really matters but according to another news outlet she apparently will only have that position only until the end of the year and after that a new CEO will be selected.

So yeah, I highly doubt there will be any significant changes in that time frame.
                Because then I'd simply not have to stop whatever else I'm doing, gaining myself time that I'd rather spend doing something else, even if this something else is idk idlely spending time with my child, or cleaning up something of theirs or taking a five minute nap.

Idk, but time is time.

Comment

• Originally posted by freerunner View Post

Servo as an alternative for the webengine-backend in qutebrowser would be sweet. Its UI is amazing.
                  I would be fine with the existing egui UI being more fleshed out

Comment

• Originally posted by muncrief View Post
                    But, wow again, to claim that women are responsible for bad character and conduct, and men are simply meritorious and cooperative, is truly beyond the pale. And has nothing to do with reality.
                    I never said that. Of course men can behave the same. There are feminine men out there too. It's not natural for a man to act this way though.

Comment

• To everyone who was counting chickens last week...

Right-sizing the People Team
                      Given the reduction in staffing and lower headcount budget moving forward in MozProd, some roles have been consolidated in the People and other support services orgs so that we are offering the right level of support to our product portfolio. Optimizing our org to sharpen focus.​
                      (source)

... what's the people team?

"As chief people officer, Dani will oversee all areas of HR and organizational development at Mozilla Corporation."

... what does the people team do?

Focus on the browser indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X