No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Desktop 23.10 ISOs Recalled Due To Malicious User Translations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting only two innocent SFW examples for anyone that's not motivated looking it up - it's mostly random troll stuff with added politics.
    "installationTypeTPMSelected": "It's not so difficult, just pick up and take off your pants,"
    "fullInstallationTitle": "Complete syphilis infection,"

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
      some people are saying in the kubuntu 23.10 live-cd​ a plasma mouse cursor name is "oxygen zion"
      "oxygen zion" Is an actual cursor theme

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
        yeah i translated it with google translate and its all antisemitism. such a shame.
        There should be a more specific word to replace antisemitic in that context as arabs are semitic people as well, probably more "semitic" than jews considering most modern jews are decensends of Ashkenazi

Comment

That's a bit strange. When will this distro ever grow up and stop shooting itself in the face?

Comment

Hey user... Whatcha doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Retramon View Post
              Posting only two innocent SFW examples for anyone that's not motivated looking it up - it's mostly random troll stuff with added politics.
              "installationTypeTPMSelected": "It's not so difficult, just pick up and take off your pants,"
              That perfectly describes TPM

"fullInstallationTitle": "Complete syphilis infection,"​​
              That perfectly describes installing Ubuntu. Instead a proper Linux distro, that is

Comment

I use Ubuntu but I think this is hilarious.

Let me be clear, not because I support any message that was included but because it beautifully illustrates the shortcomings of open source as a software development platform.

If you want quality control you can't depend on the public at large, proper QC is achieved through rigorous, tight control, and thorough testing, not on relying on Joe Blow to contribute anything that will end up in the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
                  The Middle East sure does get people riled up.
                  this is one nest of hate that we'll never be able to peacefully resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                    That's a bit strange. When will this distro ever grow up and stop shooting itself in the face?
                    The Ubuntu distro would have to implement better code review & quality control standards first.

Sadly, mny Linux distros take the old Microsoft approach to packaging - "If it compiles ... SHIP IT!!"

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
                      I use Ubuntu but I think this is hilarious.

Let me be clear, not because I support any message that was included but because it beautifully illustrates the shortcomings of open source as a software development platform.

If you want quality control you can't depend on the public at large, proper QC is achieved through rigorous, tight control, and thorough testing, not on relying on Joe Blow to contribute anything that will end up in the final product.
                      i think it shows its strengths. in corporate environment, it would have been silently patched without a reason. there are many bad actors in the companies as well.

you assume that all companies have rigorous and thorough testing. have you seen the state in which many games ship nowadays? think about all the other software products aimed at consumers.

Comment

Working...
                      X