Linux Kernel Preparing New Guidelines For Using Inclusive Terminology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

censorship is bad
    Last edited by qarium; 06 July 2020, 08:51 PM.
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Honestly if they are gonna waste time policing the language of the kernel trying to make sure the terms are not scary, wasting mental compute cycles thinking of what terms can't possible be made to sound bad, I would rather they go all out full satire. Replace everything with black power and gender neutral terms. Have fun with it, go full dystopian satire.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        Cultural rape would be like banning your language & cultural practice and taking your children and putting them in religious boarding schools of a different religion. Like what happened in the US, Canada, Australia, China, and I'm sure the list goes on. No, this is not cultural rape.
        You sure? Because what's going on sure sounds a hell of a lot like what you described. Read your own words "like banning your language & cultural practice"; is that not what this specific case is?

"taking your children and putting them in religious boarding schools of a different religion"
        Maybe not exactly like that, but you trying to say that all these new Feminist and Social Justice courses (some of which are mandatory...) isn't more or less what you just said? Trying to brainwash our kids into specific ideologies?

To me it kinda looks like the exact same thing, the real problem is that people like yourself don't have the awareness to notice that this whole thing is all wrong, and it's destroying western culture, maybe even western civilization; I don't get how it's ok to these people to destroy western culture when they fiercely scream in favor of protecting all other cultures; including say muslim culture, where women are basically slaves, objects to be traded; feminists are supporting that, how crazy is that? And then they turn around, look at our now completely feminist culture; deny that it is what it is and try to tear it down.

I'm not saying western culture is pure and perfect, much less better than everything else (especially in it's current self destructive state...), but if we're supposed to respect other cultures, why not respect our own? we're degrading and oppressing ourselves, for what? why? why are we fucking doing this to ourselves? Is there anyone that actually wants this? Like seriously wants this? It's just virtue signaling, and anyone with even half a brain can see that. This whole social justice movement leads to nothing good. Not for black people, not for white people, not for men, not for women, not for rich, not for poor, the only people it's great for is anyone who is our enemy and would like to see our downfall. I'll leave it to you to decide who those enemies are since you'll just call me a racist bigot if I say it like it is since that's the state of western culture today. Outrage culture.

The kernel community being fucked in the ass by social justice asshats? It bothers me a little, but it's only a nanometer sized tiny part of a colossal multi-continent scale problem.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

But that can be against inclusivity too!

What about satanists, vampires and other creatures that dislike or are damaged by light? They might want to use Linux too!
          Speaking of light, maybe "lightweight" or "light" - referring to implementantion should also be removed so that it doesn't hurt the feelings of overweight people.

Then again maybe "clean" code, or things like "dirty" bits should also be removed to stop offending people who don't want or can't afford to take a bath

There is really no end in sight for this kind of idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            I am a German. but why i have to program in English ?
            I don't know, but it might be similar to how business is mainly conducted in only a few languages. Also, check out academic journals. There's a network effect that gives dominant languages disproportionate benefit. I've long been surprised by it, though.

Even so, I wouldn't say you have to. If you wanted to lead an effort to localize the reserved words in a given programming language, I'd say "go for it".

Computer science around the world is cultural rape just because it pushed the English language.
            Other language native speakers are in fact discriminated.
            I don't think it qualifies as "cultural rape", because I honestly don't believe it was done with the intention of promoting English. I'm fairly certain computer scientists and engineers build systems and programming languages based on their native language, and other forces and factors lead to them becoming dominant.

they are perfectly fine with REAL discrimination against non-english native speakers.
            I think that's a false-equivalence, on many levels.

Fortunately, you don't have to just accept it. Write some tools that translate your favorite programming language (or maybe they already exist?). Start a movement to get your alternate reserved words into the next standards draft.

so again social justitze warriors go against fake discrimination and REAL discrimination is not their matter at all.
            Except they're not in opposition. You can have both, if you want.

REAL majorities "Women"(51% if all humans are Women) claim to be minorities and they claim this majorities group need all minority benefits and compared to this real minority groups like autists or schitzophrenic people do not get any benefit.
            That's a different discussion. You made one constructive point already, so let's just focus on that. Otherwise, one could get the impression that you're trying to hopelessly derail the thread and get it bogged down in vitriol and unproductive flaming.

Comment

Need to remove english terms and probably Latin alphabet. While we are at it get rid of binary it doesn't even have a trans state. Quantum computing gets close but ideally we can redo physics as a whole.

Comment

also REAL majorities "Women"(51% if all humans are Women) claim to be minorities and they claim this majorities group need all minority benefits and compared to this real minority groups like autists or schitzophrenic people do not get any benefit.
                TIL only demographic majorities can ever be oppressors. There is no history of minorities oppressing majority demographics in this world. No sir. https://miro.medium.com/max/4044/1*q...y-IeFxNMdw.png

o yes it is a fact ther was no law against women because they get all they want because they have the holy vagina.
                Get real, its way worse than that. They've infiltrated the government, they're spreading oestrogen in the water, they want to turn you gay so they can do disgusting lesbian sex acts, forcing you to watch while you cry tears of a failing western civilisation. Did you know the Romans killed all their infant females because they were SO DANGEROUS and SINFUL. If only we were as smart as the Romans, they built straight roads 2000 years ago its true, very smart, very big brained. Soon the cloud people will return to this earth heralded by their sick twisted female cultists and they'll purge this earth of good hardworking honest men. We must fight back. We must resist. Don't let the deepstate win.
                Last edited by Iksf; 05 July 2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                  so, what you are saying is that you should give up your first amendment rights to bear arms if you are black. gotcha (yes, I too can mischaracterise an argument)
                  I honestly have no idea what you're saying here. I don't think you do either. Who is talking about the right to bear arms??

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                    You sure? Because what's going on sure sounds a hell of a lot like what you described. Read your own words "like banning your language & cultural practice"; is that not what this specific case is?
                    You're twisting my words to mean something completely different (which suggests your intent is to suppress rather than engage the discussion). What I meant is not a handful of phrases, but an entire spoken language. And cultural practice meaning cultural festivities, ways of dress, religious practices, etc. Forget apples vs. oranges, that stuff isn't even on the same planet as the notion of changing a few words in the kernel.

taking your children and putting them in religious boarding schools of a different religion"
                    Maybe not exactly like that, but you trying to say that all these new Feminist and Social Justice courses (some of which are mandatory...) isn't more or less what you just said?
                    No, I didn't say anything about those. It's legitimate to have a debate about the education curriculum, but not related to the topic a hand. And it's not just one group that's guilty of trying to use childhood education to further its agenda.

the real problem is that people like yourself don't have the awareness to notice that this whole thing is all wrong, and it's destroying western culture, maybe even western civilization;
                    Really? Changing a few words in the kernel is destroying western civilization? No, I believe in thinking adults and people being considerate, proportionate, and reasonable. Not always, but I don't take this move as evidence to the contrary.

I don't get how it's ok to these people to destroy western culture when they fiercely scream in favor of protecting all other cultures;
                    Which "these people" are you talking about, because I get the sense that we're talking about different people.

that's the state of western culture today. Outrage culture.
                    There sure is some outrage in this thread. I'll grant you that.

Comment

• There's a word for anti-anti-racists, can't for the life of me remember what it is tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X