No announcement yet.

XWayland 23.1 Released With High Resolution Scroll Wheel, DMA-BUF v4 Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XWayland 23.1 Released With High Resolution Scroll Wheel, DMA-BUF v4 Feedback

Phoronix: XWayland 23.1 Released With High Resolution Scroll Wheel, DMA-BUF v4 Feedback

Coincidentally landing on GNOME 44 release day is also XWayland 23.1, the newest version of this portion of the X.Org Server code that allows legacy X11 client applications/games to run atop Wayland environments. With XWayland 23.1 comes a number of shiny new features to continue to enhance the X11 experience on Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why scroll wheel doesn't work by wayland?

Comment

I recently uninstalled XWayland and was surprised - most software I use is wayland native. Wayland is more ready and mature than a lot of people expect it to be.

Comment

updated https://t2sde.org/packages/xwayland

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2021 View Post
          I recently uninstalled XWayland and was surprised - most software I use is wayland native. Wayland is more ready and mature than a lot of people expect it to be.
          There is actually one thing that is still concerning me : fragmentation between desktops.
          I don't understand why KDE and Gnome are not using wlroots for more stuff.
          Instead, they are duplicating a lot of work, and in the process, they also force lib developers to target more desktops...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
            Why scroll wheel doesn't work by wayland?
            Scrolling works, but high resolution scrolling did not. If you owned such a mouse, then using the scroll wheel even slightly would scroll excessively and would make the scroll wheel unusable. So now high resolution scrolling should finally work with Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2021 View Post
              Good for you. I only get a black screen even on new user

Comment

Originally posted by Velocity View Post
                Scrolling works, but high resolution scrolling did not. If you owned such a mouse, then using the scroll wheel even slightly would scroll excessively and would make the scroll wheel unusable. So now high resolution scrolling should finally work with Wayland.
                Well. what's the reason why high resolution scrolling doesn't work on Wayland?

Comment

When all old and new Linux applications have been rewritten to support Wayland, and it has complete XFCE support, I'll give it a try. Until then there are just too many horror stories of people trying to switch to Wayland/XWayland for it to be worth attempting a switch.

Comment

Originally posted by aviallon View Post

There is actually one thing that is still concerning me : fragmentation between desktops.
                    I don't understand why KDE and Gnome are not using wlroots for more stuff.
                    Instead, they are duplicating a lot of work, and in the process, they also force lib developers to target more desktops...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems stupid.
                    Thats the linux thing use more things than needed, everyone want´s his own unique expierence, btw. where is compiz i want my damn 3d desktop compositor with transparenz effects fancy 3d cube hovering windows and stuff, where did that thing go ?

Oh wait that was 15 years ago .... yes i´m old i know T_T.

Comment

Working...
                    X