No announcement yet.

X.Org Server Git Lands Support For Hardware-Accelerated XWayland With NVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia posts often bring out a bunch of cry babies as usual because Nvidia doesn't do things their way. Who knew? lol.

Comment

Finally..!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianSchaller View Post
        In regards to the timing of when you can find this in a major distribution, we have been working closely with NVidia on this, so our aim is to have this support out in Fedora either day and date with the NVidia driver release or shortly afterwards.
        Nice! Do you know how soon is that driver release? Weeks, months?

Comment

Originally posted by ix900 View Post
          Nvidia posts often bring out a bunch of cry babies as usual because Nvidia doesn't do things their way. Who knew? lol.
          The crybabies screaming LEAVE NVIDIA ALONE are way more annoying IMO. Poor multibillion corporation!

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Right now, buying a gpu is simply not an option unless you are rich.
            Even if I had the money (which I don't), I couldn't motivate myself morally to buy new hardware right now knowing how much the supply chain relies on the totally corrupt, scruple-less and illegitimate CCP which has become a massive genocidal bully with global power ambitions. I don't care how many millions they have pulled out from extreme poverty when at the same time they are pro-slave labour, union-busting, censoring, anti-democracy, anti-humanist power mongers that have put between one to two million people in concentration camps, creating what is likely the largest genocide since the holocaust. I'm done with feeding their wallets. No more.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Right now, buying a gpu is simply not an option unless you are rich.
              Bought a 2nd hand XFX RX 580 8GB GTS which is mining now to pay its way and earn some coins so I can buy a new GPU when I can afford one.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                Nvidia is so quick to support basic features. It didn't take them decades. /s

Everyone sensible ditched Nvidia already, because they don't want to wait another decade when something new will require support too.
                whats the rush?
                wayland desktops are still full of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
                  whats the rush?
                  Yeah, totally a good way to approach progress. No, thanks, I'm not touching Nvidia anymore.

Comment

whats the rush?
                    Only if you're an NVIDIA user.

Comment

Like what? I'm an Nvidia user on Wayland and besides the expected stuff like lack of hardware acceleration for XWayland applications, I haven't run into any.

Comment

Working...
                      X