Wayland/Weston 1.7.0 Make It For Ubuntu 15.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    Hahaha. Apparently the guy who created and maintains your kernel didn't get the memo:

Youtube - Why Linus Torvalds doesn't use Ubuntu or Debian
    How is linus a regular user?
    Besides you just proved my point since i belive he uses fedora with gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSoulz View Post
      How is linus a regular user?
      Besides you just proved my point since i belive he uses fedora with gnome.
      PS: linus problem with debian is the .deb packages but then again he hates all current linux packages.
      He like me wants something like click packages, easy to build/use that contains all depencies inside it.

Comment

What other distros?
        Not to be rude or anything but for me the only 2 distros that actualy matter are debian/ubuntu and fedora.
        Then thers unity & gnome and then mate for low end pcs.

PS: Dont bother arguing with this since its a opinion.
        The only Distro that is going to use Mir is Ubuntu proper (and only with Unity), even its spins such as Kubuntu have announced they're going Wayland instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
          The only Distro that is going to use Mir is Ubuntu proper (and only with Unity), even its spins such as Kubuntu have announced they're going Wayland instead.
          I dont see your point.
          Whats wrong with that? i actualy prefer it that way (less bloat and focused).

Comment

lol

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
            Hahaha. Apparently the guy who created and maintains your kernel didn't get the memo:

Youtube - Why Linus Torvalds doesn't use Ubuntu or Debian
            linus have shares from redhat

Comment

I dont see your point.
              Whats wrong with that? i actualy prefer it that way (less bloat and focused).
              it means:

Without anyone choosing to stand with them, Mir is completely irrelevant and a mere distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Oliver View Post
                I saw in an interview a little whole back that Mark Shuttleworth claimed that the display server was a small piece of software on the top of the stack, unlike systemd. My technological knowledge on this is limited but it strikes me that the display server is very important going forward. Note the Wayland people are not trying to force a display server on anyone, just that the new combined display server/ window manager follow the Wayland protocol. I really hope that Shuttleworth is looking to back down, while losing as little face as possible. Just make Mir compliant with the Wayland protocol and then we'll all be happy. He can still keep Mir / Unity as an independent display stack from KDE Gnome and the smaller players.
                Yes, he can make Mir compliant with Wayland - kill Mir, and there you go. People will forgive him and move on.

Comment

To give you an idea where the world actually stands... check out this poll:
                  If you're looking for Fluxbox, Window Maker, Enlightenment or similar options - they are in the Window Manager of the Year poll. --jeremy

Unity accounts for a mere 4.5% of the votes which is less than LXDE at 5.35% with the desktops that matter being KDE, Gnome Shell, Cinnamon, and XFCE as would be expected by anyone who is involved in the OSS community.

Comment

To give you an idea where the world actually stands... check out this poll:
                    If you're looking for Fluxbox, Window Maker, Enlightenment or similar options - they are in the Window Manager of the Year poll. --jeremy

Unity accounts for a mere 4.5% of the votes which is less than LXDE at 5.35% with the desktops that matter being KDE, Gnome Shell, Cinnamon, and XFCE as would be expected by anyone who is involved in the OSS community.
                    sure lets do the math using a poll on a forum even i never heard about let alone regular users who dont even care about linux news and dont even use phoronix all they want to do is use the computer to see ctas on youtube.

Comment

it means:

Without anyone choosing to stand with them, Mir is completely irrelevant and a mere distraction.
                      and whos standind with wayland besides gnome?
                      I am yet to see any thing besides meaning less promises for years.

Is wayland dead too by that logic?

Comment

Working...
                      X