Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoungManKlaus
    replied
    Nice job, managing to even piss off promoters / news sites by constant nagging. After all I presume that's the reason you posted the excerpts.

Regarding Kristian leaving for Canonical/Mir: better double-check that tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• TheOne
    replied
    ???

After reading all those e-mail messages, lets just wait and see if the guy really has the maturity to leverage as move this project forward and deliver something that works.

Leave a comment:

• jntesteves
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Developer Offers Kickbacks For Wayland Alternative
    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM0MDE
    Come on Michael, don't blame the guy for just knowing you're a sensationalizing bastard. We all, Phoronix readers, know it and we're just ok with that. No need to dramatize that much!

On a side note: this April 1st is promising much laughter!

Leave a comment:

• F i L
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    While this is still in the beginning it might prove useful now that Kristian Hogsberg announced that he will be working on Mir after he accepted a position at Canonical (anounced it today at the ML). I don't see an bright future for wayland without Kristian.
    I'm not so sure about that, seeing as how Mark Shuttleworth just left Canonical to join Apple. Without Mark's money, I don't see Mir going anywhere too fast.

Leave a comment:

• not.sure
    replied
    omg
    DRAMAGASM!
    on April 1st, too!

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post

In an attempt to promote his Wayland fork and gain influence, the lead developer was offering monetary kickbacks to highlight his forked Wayland and Weston code-bases...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM0MDE
    While this is still in the beginning it might prove useful now that Kristian Hogsberg announced that he will be working on Mir after he accepted a position at Canonical (anounced it today at the ML). I don't see an bright future for wayland without Kristian.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Developer Offers Kickbacks For Wayland Alternative

Developer Offers Kickbacks For Wayland Alternative

In an attempt to promote his Wayland fork and gain influence, the lead developer was offering monetary kickbacks to highlight his forked Wayland and Weston code-bases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X