Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouroboros
    replied
    I don't see anything wrong with this. This is just how the world works.
    I think Scott was pretty nice about it too and tried to explain why he's proposing the idea.

I believe declining the offer was the right choice, but posting private e-mails is a bit rude to say the least.
    Are you going to post every single e-mail you get from someone asking about marketing? How do you think startups startup?

Anyway, thanks for the entrainment you've provided me. If I start seeing more dirty laundry, drama, and things that should be kept private on the site I may start visiting it less often, though. I can get those things elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• dee.
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    As for attacking and defending, I defend everyone equally and attack no one.
    But what if attack is the best defense!

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
    I dont understand why some people are so defendish over him, last time I answered to him on this side, suddenly I got attacked by one guy for calling him maybe in danger of becoming a psychopath, instead of him doing this bad stuff.

I dont want to make that bigger than it is, I dont work with him or others so it does not hurt me much, but you should think twice who you try to defend with what reasons and who you attack.
    It's not because of him. Calling someone that, without actual evidence, is greatly insulting, and insults were the last thing we needed in that topic. As for attacking and defending, I defend everyone equally and attack no one.

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    But was this a fake post? It is April Fools Day.
    Not in Europe it wasn't!

Leave a comment:

• not.sure
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I wish more journalist websites would publicly name and shame people who approached them with dubious and misleading things like this.
    We can only hope you're not insinuating phoronix would be a "journalist website".

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Nothing was fake about the post.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I can assure you this isn't fake news.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    I can assure you this isn't fake news.

Leave a comment:

• blackiwid
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    That is assuming soreau was not in on it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I think this is fake. It seems plausible, if not likely true. But that is exactly the problem: plausible pranks are the best ones because people are more likely to fall for them.

Whatever the case, I have a strict policy of not believing anything I read on April 1st. It is easy enough to wait a day.
    did you ever get pranked with 2 prank-news on one site? I do normaly that, if I dont have found a fake news on the site on this day, I am very sceptical, but if I found one, I pretty much belive there is no other prank, did never happen that I saw two pranks on one site.

And another thing, there was some how do you say that broken porcelan with the split of the wayland project and it is only a few days ago that that happend, so I dont think one of the sites would want to make such jokes about it.

And another thing, you cant just make wrong accusations to people as a joke, because some people maybe only read that accusation and dont come to the site again, or some find the news on search page later and dont get that it was a joke.

Especialy if its not totaly obvious ("good ones, that are not obvious"), you cant do that.

So I am 100% shure thats not a fake news.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    No, there's no way that many letters could have been fabricated, and in such style. You can tell soreau's writing style.
    That is assuming soreau was not in on it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I think this is fake. It seems plausible, if not likely true. But that is exactly the problem: plausible pranks are the best ones because people are more likely to fall for them.

Whatever the case, I have a strict policy of not believing anything I read on April 1st. It is easy enough to wait a day.

Leave a comment:

• zwastik
    replied
    Welcome to Phoronix home of the Linux gossip and showbiz! =)

Come on now, look at your calendar.
    I didn't notice. ??
    I guess this article is not april's fool related...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X