Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Mesa Fix Lands To Take Care Of The R9 290 Issue, Intel/Radeon Performance Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows, maybe even haagch as he complain about CS:GO down to zero often, has prob with that smoke

Comment

I don't know what is going on with csgo. It feels like it's getting worse. Maybe it is, the longer and the more often you record with vce? https://youtu.be/r71lWZN9AIU
      Still won't go over 60% GPU load. Look at those buffer wait times. Quality settings and resolution has almost no impact on performance.

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
        I don't know what is going on with csgo. It feels like it's getting worse. Maybe it is, the longer and the more often you record with vce? https://youtu.be/r71lWZN9AIU
        Still won't go over 60% GPU load. Look at those buffer wait times. Quality settings and resolution has almost no impact on performance.
        sorry for OT, but how do you record your videos? OBS?

Comment

As I wrote in the bug report about the R9 290 performance issues, I'm afraid these changes may not help for the bad performance in PTS, because AFAIK it always sets vblank_mode=0, in which case my changes have no significant effect.

Can somebody who could reproduce the performance issues with PTS please check if they're still there with these changes, and update the bug report? If the problem is still there, bonus points for bisecting the kernel change where it started.

Comment

Well i must say something recently changed in mesa that fixed slowness, so possibly something unrelated might get fixed that Hawaii and Bonaire slowness too

As i did not checked stack in 2 weeks and now my llvm 3.9 bug suddenly seems fixed by mesa somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
              sorry for OT, but how do you record your videos? OBS?
              misc scripts. Contribute to ChristophHaag/scripts development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                As i did not checked stack in 2 weeks and now my llvm 3.9 bug suddenly seems fixed by mesa somewhere
                Gotcha Marek:

May ass is harmless too, but sometimes can make big shit

Comment

OK, that is for Talos and Serious Sam, now to find another...

Comment

OK, 12.0.2 release is still borked against 3.9 llvm... and master was weird somewhere in the near past

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                      OK, 12.0.2 release is still borked against 3.9 llvm... and master was weird somewhere in the near past
                      They've basically said they won't port back llvm 3.9 patches to 12.0, so you either have to go with mesa git or find an older version of llvm 3.9 that worked when 12.0 was released.

Comment

Working...
                      X