No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu noble mesa is now built with llvm 17.

Comment

• nir2142
      paregistrase

There exist the possibility to define the distro name in conjunction with ppa-purge just use the -d option, so e. g.
      Code:
      sudo ppa-purge -d lunar ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
      or
      Code:
      sudo ppa-purge -d mantic ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
      This might help in some cases especially with Ubuntu derivatives. For more information check the gfx PPA page here. And that one would be also an option for all users which are looking for a stable Mesa PPA alternative, nir2142 .

Comment

• Hi,
        curious if nvk can be reenabled for mantic and noble, now that seems your repo for both mantic and noble ships with meson 1.3 and also rustc 1.73?

Comment

• Yes, but there was still something missing (rust related IIRC). I don't have time to look at it, however if someone send a patch I can add it.

Comment

• I enabled again LTO in mesa builds, the binary size is a lot smaller now. Please test.

Comment

• oibaf
              Probably it would make sense to place somewhere an information / warning regarding LLVM 17 and clover. Current state is, i quote Dieter Nützel from here:

Luxmark v3.1 works with Clover, again.
              But with 'mixed' results...`
              Simple and medium show much worse rendering results during first run, second run (kernel_cache) is much better.
              Complex crash whole system.​
              As mentioned, - this is not the case for LLVM 16 (and older). It only affects later LLVM versions which are supporting only the "modern pass manager".

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                Yes, but there was still something missing (rust related IIRC). I don't have time to look at it, however if someone send a patch I can add it.
                It looks like to proper build nvk with system dependencies, a meson release with https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/pull/12363 is needed, so I'll wait it.

Comment

• I'd like to eventually backport xorg-server with the power saving improvement in https://www.phoronix.com/news/Optimal-HW-Cursor-Size, as soon as a version with it will appears on noble I'll see to backport it in mantic.

Comment

• Hi oibaf just wondering whether you have any plans to add "-Dintel-xe-kmd=enabled" to your Mesa build configuration to allow for (optional) Mesa compatibility with the Xe kernel driver (while retaining the i915 support)? Thanks!
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• I just pushed updated mesa packages with "-Dintel-xe-kmd=enabled" and other improvements.
                      They are building now.

Comment

Working...
                      X