AMD's opensource lies exposed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
    Yes some of them don't understand that the king is naked. AMD's linux support be it opensource or blob SUCKS, while nvidia's linux support being a blob only solution WORKS for a long time to come.

They don't understand that while kernel hackers or people who love adventuring with slowly evolving open source drivers which are NOT BACKED by amd, and being developed by unpaid spare-time developers or accidentaly backed by companies like intel, hate blobs simply because they either don't have any interest in high performance graphics (kernel hackers) or they are a small bunch of religious fanatics who are obsessed with the everything opensource idea.

And they ignore the fact that every normal user (or every normal people on the face of this earth) will want good support for the hardware they pay money for. Ignore the masses, ignore people's desire to create or admire artworks (like unigine heaven), ignore the people who just like to play games or just want to view a webgl object without any problems and you end up in a monastery, preaching each other the good everything opensource prophecy while many people's hard work gets ruined by companies which don't provide good support to linux end users...

Good luck with your hardline evangelism.
    Go back to using windows then? Its nothing to do with zealous fanatics as I have already explained - its computer science vs computer tricks. Did you report any bugs for the radeon driver or mesa at least? AMD provide the specs and the community will write the driver!

The closed sourced model of development is bad science at best and at worst tyrannical.

Comment

• Bloody ubuntn00bs!

Comment

• He is a hardcore pragmatist, who wants the tools that get the job done.
        And many people on the face of this earth thinks the same. They are end-users, and we need them. Having opensource tools to get the job done and binary blobs to get the hardware to actually work well with those tools are two very different things, which you don't understand.

He is also deeply skeptical of open source software and the open source community. If he had the option of jumping to a purely closed-source system at the same price, he would.
        Ahaaa We found our heretics boys! Let's get'em! They hate everything with a GPL license attached to it, they are the sneaky enemies within, so sooner we get rid of them the better. Attaaack!

What a bigoted mind

Comment

• Originally posted by aFanaticGent00b
          Bloody ubuntn00bs!
          Xenophobia and discrimination at their best.

Comment

And many people on the face of this earth thinks the same. They are end-users, and we need them. Having opensource tools to get the job done and binary blobs to get the hardware to actually work well with those tools are two very different things, which you don't understand.
            Binary blobs are not required to get hardware to actually work. The original r200 drivers were very fast - faster than any of the closed drivers (no matter what company). Linux itself is open source - and that's used by AMD in their simulators for future CPU products.
            Closed blobs don't have to exist to use your hardware and use it well. If you didn't mean that, I apologise, it just seems like you were implying it...

Comment

I understand this.

But the Windows drivers are better than the linux blobs. so I don't understand why you don't use that instead.

Ahaaa We found our heretics boys! Let's get'em! They hate everything with a GPL license attached to it, they are the sneaky enemies within, so sooner we get rid of them the better. Attaaack!

What a bigoted mind
              Typical MS FUD yet again.

Instead of leaving OSS developers alone, you go into some religious fundamentalist rant.

Simply stop shitting on Open Source and nobody will have a problem with you You can play Workraft all you want, I promise

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                I understand deanjo's position.

He is a hardcore pragmatist, who wants the tools that get the job done.

He is also deeply skeptical of open source software and the open source community. If he had the option of jumping to a purely closed-source system at the same price, he would.

As it stands, some of his needs are best served by open software, and some by closed software, so he's running a hybrid Windows-Linux Frankenstein monster.

As soon as Windows offers him what he needs, he'll be gone.

"hybrid Windows-Linux Frankenstein monster."

LOL o well right...

"As soon as Windows offers him what he needs, he'll be gone. "

hopefully fast we really need an windows system that fits perfect on his needs so we get an clean phoronix forum LOL
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Come on M$, we want the best Windows 8 ever, we need a clean forum
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Xenophobia and discrimination at their best.
                    'waaaah - waaah - waaah - my driver isnt as good as it could be'

stop whining, get the specs amd released and get coding rather than bitching on a forum

Comment

What a bigoted mind
                      Like I said - you do not understand WHY people are 'bigoted' toward closed software - I can only suggest you read some of the works of Richard Stallman to get a clearer understanding of WHY closed is bad and free ( as in freedom ) is better.

http://www.gnu.org/fry/

Comment

Working...
                      X