AMD's opensource lies exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Lol, according to Richard "Linux" doesn't exist it is only "Gnu/Linux". But since you think that Stallman did most of the work, I take it you are conceding that Linux is an operating system since his kernel contributions are far and in between.
    No Linux does exist - it exists as a kernel which is what it is

what the fook is your problem dude? when has a bicycle been a car?

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
      So you're really suggesting that linux is an operating system and not a kernel? I would suggest you go back under the rock you crawled from under but to you its a mountain.

get real for the love of ubuntn00b!
      Yes the term has evolved into being an accepted reference to an OS including it's creator and it's sanctioning bodies.

Comment

• you just enjoy arguing which is the neowin way i spose

I've had enough i've better things to do with my time than point out the obvious and have some fookwit say i'm wrong

Comment

you just enjoy arguing which is the neowin way i spose

I've had enough i've better things to do with my time than point out the obvious and have some fookwit say i'm wrong
          Do you really think that items like RedHat Linux, Suse Linux, Ubuntu Linux, etc etc etc are referencing their own kernel? No they are referencing Linux as an OS.

Comment

• So most of the software DOES NOT come from the FREE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION ?

Comment

• you can say an apple is an orange all you like , doesn't matter a shite - it is what it is and LINUX is not an operating system - ITS A FUCKING KERNEL!!

Comment

you can say an apple is an orange all you like , doesn't matter a shite - it is what it is and LINUX is not an operating system - ITS A FUCKING KERNEL!!
                Argue against the world and it's creators all you want. Linux in reference to an OS is an accepted term and even falls within it's trademark guidelines.

Comment

• AM NOT! ARE TOO! AM NOT! ARE TOO!
                  *Signal degrades after this point*

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
                    deanjo is our cloused source nvidia guy,,, if windows fits better on his needs he really use windows.

but yes you are wrong because in the past linux was a kernel but the language is not copyrightet and patented on well known people the language is also a tool of the stupid masses.

and the stupid masses really call the GNU operating system "linux"

deal with that FAKT for well known people linux is a kernel for the stupit masses means 99% of the people linux is THE GNU operating system.

but language is a tool of the masses means if the MASSES call it linux its linux and not gnu-OS.

because only nerds/geek are so stupid that they call it GNU-OS because they don't understand how languages work because languages are a definition of the MASSES and not by tiny super smal group if humans.

we life in Democraty means if 1% vote for gnu-OS and 99 % of the stupid masses vote for linux then linux wins means linux is the OS.

are you really a so stupid nerd to not get that point ?
                    Oh come on - your 'linux' system is a collection of free software ( without a nvidia blob ). The fact that most of the 'linux' operating system ( bash, glibc and so on ) is the work of the GNU project mean absolutely nothing to you?

Well I like most people who run a free software distribution use GNU software mostly and I am an advocate of the FSF. I am a 'fanboi' if you wish to call me this but for bloody good reason - READ THE EULA!

Comment

• Some people do not understand even the dangers of bad science. This is not a new phenomenon the works of Thomas Wakley should be proof enough

Comment

Working...
                      X