AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avis View Post

Luckily the game industry doesn't care about a small group of people who pretend they have an OS.

Games are sold for consoles and Windows PCs. Your Linux device translating Windows APIs is a non-factor.
    Note how Avis attacks Linux users in a subtle way. He does this all the time and he always complains about FOSS community being "hateful". Not to mention the original post had nothing to do with the OS and was about gaming industry itself.

Comment

ROFL LMAO LOL
      Another portion of utter lunacy not confirmed by anyone under the sun.
      Mr. Disinformation i just have this question is AMD allowed to use GDDR6X VRAM YES or NO ? Patent holders have the right to sell their GDDR6x chips elusively to NVIDIA.

Avis you are the greatest disinformation campaign the phoronix.com forum has ever seen.
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Luckily the game industry doesn't care about a small group of people who pretend they have an OS.
        Games are sold for consoles and Windows PCs. Your Linux device translating Windows APIs is a non-factor.
        I am pretty sure the Valve Steam Deck and also the Tesla Entertainment System who use the same AMD chip with linux are not a "non-factor"

Comment

Originally posted by drakonas777 View Post
          Note how Avis attacks Linux users in a subtle way. He does this all the time and he always complains about FOSS community being "hateful". Not to mention the original post had nothing to do with the OS and was about gaming industry itself.
          Avis is the greatest disinformation campaign the phoronix.com forum has ever seen.

see the other posts he claims AMD is allowed to use GDDR6X vram but the patent holders have a exclusive deal with Nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

well yes. but even if the nvidia chip is 5nm and the amd chip is 5nm means same TSMC node there is a price difference.
            well there is no 5nm monolit die chip from amd. and the chiplets are also 6nm...

in the end the consumers compare end-products ?
            The smaller nodes create a higher baseline cost. The size of the the die is also a factor. The smaller the die, the better the yields. A large die on a small node will have the highest cost. The use of chiplets helps mitigate the fab related costs. Smaller dies and larger nodes lead to higher yields and reduced cost.

Comment

You've really hit the bottom of the barrel lately, haven't you? That's some seriously nasty level of flaming, even for you.

Originally posted by drakonas777 View Post

He's not even trying to pretend anymore that he's supposed to be a longtime Linux user, or at least that he likes/respects it as an OS; it's all about FOSS crap this and FOSS useless that and Windows is for real pros and Linux is for hobbyists, ad nauseam.

He's not funny anymore or even annoying, he's just tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                The smaller nodes create a higher baseline cost. The size of the the die is also a factor. The smaller the die, the better the yields. A large die on a small node will have the highest cost. The use of chiplets helps mitigate the fab related costs. Smaller dies and larger nodes lead to higher yields and reduced cost.
                absolutely right. to me all this makes a 7900XTX a real good deal. to me it is like the 4090 costs only 1366 dollars but in reality nvidia costs much more than 1366...
                to me it looks like Nvidia does nothing to reduce the price no chiplet design i mean nothing.

maybe you can answer to the GDDR6x topic to. why does amd not use GDDR6x ? does have Nvidia a exclusive deal ?

Comment

I think it was costs. AMD opted for their Infinity Cache instead.

Comment

Meanwhile, I'm on my FX-8800p APU laughing at the people who complain that 35FPS is unplayable. We used to be perfectly happy with 30FPS, as long as it was stable.

Blame the devs not making their input polling scale to low framerates, not the hardware.

And stop feeding the CEOs' pocketbooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post

You've really hit the bottom of the barrel lately, haven't you? That's some seriously nasty level of flaming, even for you.
                      The person I replied to thought his opinion was extremely important. I took it down a notch.

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post

He's not even trying to pretend anymore that he's supposed to be a longtime Linux user, or at least that he likes/respects it as an OS; it's all about FOSS crap this and FOSS useless that and Windows is for real pros and Linux is for hobbyists, ad nauseam.

He's not funny anymore or even annoying, he's just tiresome.
                      I game in Windows, my primary Linux distro is Fedora where I spend 99% of my computer time. Whatever I write about Linux is based on reality. If you cannot accept Linux criticism, my concondolences. It's psychologically healthy (and proves you are an adult) to be able to cope with criticism and if you don't that could mean you have unhealthy beliefs/biases/dedication/upbringing/indoctrination/whatever.

I still don't understand why people here all get wound up when you say the obvious about Linux. It's my right. I've done more for Linux than the vast majority of its fans here. You can check my bug trackers accounts to see quite a lot of activity. More than a dozen mentions in the Linux kernel log, how about that? I guess I have deserved the right to criticise Linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X