X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
    Ha, I get 572.
    719fps here :]

mplayer -vo gl2 has some artifacts, but playback is smooth. Darwinia has a lot of artifacts (flickering black bands), but it's also fast. FretsOnFire hangs when starting a song. I haven't tried Doom 3 :P

So still a lot of bugs to fix, but things are progressing fast. Good work

(edit) Oh, and I get 362fps with ForceLowPowerMode. I always wondered if it really did something. I seems it does
    Last edited by Fran; 12 August 2009, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Well it seems that at some point my choice over ATI and Intel for my notebook will pay, hopefully it's not to far away.

Have 3470 or 3570 dunn,o does any tests have been performed under this hardware ?
      When does a test report would worth the time it takes ?

Comment

• I've tested on a HD3450. compiz works pretty well with a few graphics glithces. The mesa demo programs are similar. Some work pretty flawlessly, others have a minor glitch or too.

Everything I've tried that is more complicated than the mesa demos (neverball, sauerbraten, gish) has more severe rendering issues, but I'm sure they will get worked out.

Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by adamk View Post
          I've tested on a HD3450. compiz works pretty well with a few graphics glithces. The mesa demo programs are similar. Some work pretty flawlessly, others have a minor glitch or too.

Everything I've tried that is more complicated than the mesa demos (neverball, sauerbraten, gish) has more severe rendering issues, but I'm sure they will get worked out.

Adam
          Sweet, so it seems really likely that a compiz support will be out for the next ubuntu lts. Or is it premature to tell ?

Comment

• Originally posted by lucky_ View Post
            Sweet, so it seems really likely that a compiz support will be out for the next ubuntu lts. Or is it premature to tell ?
            Since it is due out in april 2010, that would seem quite likely.

Comment

• Code:
              [javum@archie ~]$ glxgears 
              IRQ's not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 2 18
              What does this error mean?

Comment

• Not really an error, just an advisory message. The drm driver doesn't use interrupts yet, so it polls the chip when it needs to see if specific tasks have finished.
                Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  Not really an error, just an advisory message. The drm driver doesn't use interrupts yet, so it polls the chip when it needs to see if specific tasks have finished.
                  Will interrupt support be added in near future? I can imageine that this will give a good performance boost.

Comment

• My guess is that interrupt support won't get enabled until the rest of the stack is working the way we want, although we might start coding it sooner. I'm not expecting interrupts to add much in the way of performance (although I think they are used for sync-to-vblank) but they make debugging more complicated.

FWIW glxgears runs 271 FPS on my rv620. But it's not a benchmark...
                    Last edited by bridgman; 12 August 2009, 03:24 PM.
                    Test signature

Comment

• although I think they are used for sync-to-vblank
                      might that be the problem for all of those tearing artefacts I'm encountering with enabled opengl-based compositing ?

this happens with kwin (opengl compositing) and compiz-fusion

parts of the screen are not updated:

e.g. when entering text into gnome-terminal

1) unreadable text / symbols is shown

2) windows need to be moved around that their content is displayed correctly again

I tried executing compiz with

strict-binding, use-cow, etc. no changes so far

it still only runs with --loose-binding (it still says that GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing)

thanks for your continued efforts and hard (fruitful) work

Comment

Working...
                      X