Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lisa Su Reaffirms Commitment To Improving AMD ROCm Support, Engaging The Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mahboi View Post
    Sorry but I have never heard of anyone buying any kind of Nvidia hardware outside of GPUs. So yes, I do believe I can say that they do nothing but GPUs.
    LOL, It must be nice to have reality conform to your personal experience. If you've never known anyone to travel around the world or launch a satellite, does that mean it's flat?

All the rest is side stuff meant to sell their GPUs.
    How is an embedded SoC meant to sell GPUs?

Nvidia has no market for any of the things you cited.
    Somebody should tell Jensen, quick!

AMD, if they dropped Radeon, would still have a massive CPU market. If they dropped CPUs, they'd still have their (much poorer) GPU market. If they dropped both, Xilinx/AMD would still sell FPGAs. Pensando was and is capable of designing and selling their DPUs, and so on.
    Nvidia's SoCs, Mellanox datacenter networking products, and datacenter compute products (SXM-based), are all separate and decoupled from their graphics products. They could drop any one of these product lines, without a commercial impact on the others. Nvidia's datacenter revenue is now over 2x their graphics revenue.
    Last edited by coder; 25 June 2023, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      For better or worse civilization seems to have found me - two more houses on my road in the last couple of years. So much for the rifle range.
      Now that everyone has lost interest in COVID I am spending more time in the office, but most of the people I work with are still in other offices so it's mostly for F2F.
      thats sad for you that you now have neighbours i would love it to have a house without neighbours.

yes then you are in a office but because all the people are in other offices you are still on the internet... i dont know what F2F means

but it looks like companies more and more grow into virtual companies where the real company structure is over the internet and not local anymore.
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Sorry... Face To Face.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Sorry... Face To Face.
          I've sent you a PM, could you please check your inbox?

Comment

Sorry but I have never heard of anyone buying any kind of Nvidia hardware outside of GPUs. So yes, I do believe I can say that they do nothing but GPUs. All the rest is side stuff meant to sell their GPUs.
            The nice thing about wrong opinions based on anecdotal evidence is that they're easy to fix:

I once bought an ASUS Transformer tablet, which came with an Nvidia Tegra 2 CPU. It did not have any sort of support for external Nvidia GPUs.

This buddy was sturdy!

Now you know:
            a) something other than GPUs that Nvidia made (and still makes)
            b) someone who actually bought and used one of those
            c) something they did that wasn't meant as a means to sell Nvidia GPUs

It takes a single living black swan to topple a theory that only white swans exist.
            Last edited by marlock; 28 June 2023, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marlock View Post
              The nice thing about wrong opinions
              The nice thing about uneducated people who immediately show their lack of manners is that you can just ignore them immediately without bothering with reading the rest.

And so it is done.

Comment

The nice thing about uneducated people who immediately show their lack of manners is that you can just ignore them immediately without bothering with reading the rest.

And so it is done.
                Just argue back on the subject matter and prove me wrong.

I wasn't even attacking you personally, I was making a point about the way you chose to reason about things in your post, which was, lets face it, a lame line of thought.

"If a tree falls in a forest and nobody hears it, did it really fall?" is a stronger argumentative line than what you used, because it implies *nobody* heard it, while your idea is that if a tree falls and *you* didn't hear then it didn't fall.

Meanwhile most things in the Universe happen without *you* (or any specific person) taking notice... and these things still affect us indirectly because they're real despite our non-acknowledgement of their existance.

...now do you see what I mean?

Back to Nvidia, you can argue all you like that GPUs are their main/core business, or that it doesn't take too much knowhow to license and produce ARM CPUs, but you're fighting against reality when you say GPUs are their *only* business, product, knowhow, whatever.

Putting the nitpicking aside, I sincerely hope you set a new hire in motion for AMD here! <3<3<3
                Last edited by marlock; 28 June 2023, 07:24 PM.

Comment

The nice thing about uneducated people ...
                  Heh, if that isn't the shadows throwing shade. Someone tries to educate you and earns the label "uneducated" in the process.

who immediately show their lack of manners is that you can just ignore them immediately without bothering with reading the rest.
                  Try listening to your own advice. I'm not about to trust anything coming from one so apparently impervious to new information.

Comment

I've sent you a PM, could you please check your inbox?
                    Got it... thinking about how to answer. It is a good question.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X