No announcement yet.

xf86-video-ati 6.12.0 Driver With R600/700 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having trouble getting this to work with my RadeonHD 4850.

My kernel is compiled with no DRM. If I run the 6.12.0 driver without loading the drm or radeon modules, it works in the sense that nothing crashes, but I don't get the acceleration.

I built and installed the modules, and can load them fine, but when I load them then start X my desktop usually turns shockingly bright colors, and I get a crash immediately when I try to start gnome-terminal.

A relevant tidbit of my xorg.conf:
    Code:
    Option "DRI" "true"
    Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"
    Option "EXAVsync" "true"
    Anything else special I need to be doing?

Comment

I would turn off EXAVsync for now - just one less thing to worry about. Can you pastebin your dmesg output and xorg log ?
      Test signature

Comment

This driver works great on a RV770 and a RV730. Much better than the proprietary frglx junk actually.

Comment

Bridgman - Sorry, my logging isn't set up all that well at the moment.

Everything syslog-ng is catching:
          Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

What gets appended to dmesg when I launch gnome-terminal:
          Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

What I see when I tail Xorg.0.log:

Let me know if you need anything else.

-Russell

Comment

Interesting; there seems to be a lot of GPU resetting going on. Not sure if this is related to recent suspend/resume changes or...
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by russell_h View Post

-Russell
              Would just like to comment that it's imo better to pastebin the full log than just the tail. The log isn't generally that long and X.org component version numbers and lots of other (sometimes) useful stuff is visible from there.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                Would just like to comment that it's imo better to pastebin the full log than just the tail. The log isn't generally that long and X.org component version numbers and lots of other (sometimes) useful stuff is visible from there.
                Yeah, thats what I was originally going to do, but it seems like X rotates the logs out when it resets, so.. Well, I guess I could just pastebin the old log

Comment

Originally posted by russell_h View Post
                  sig 8 is a floating point exception, I'm guessing a divide by 0. It's probably in R600Composite() where we normalize the texture coordinates. I'm not sure why it would be zero though, exa shouldn't be sending pixmaps with width or height of 0.

Does this patch help?

Comment

Did I enable the options correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by SolidSteel144 View Post
                      Did I enable the options correctly?
                      http://pastebin.com/m3b13eaf4
                      the EXAVSync option is not applicable on your card, so there's no need to set it (it doesn't hurt though, the driver will ignore it). It's not really generally needed even on the cards that do support it.

Comment

Working...
                      X