No announcement yet.

Where is Catalyst 9-1??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't follow your logic. Why are you assuming that certification is gating the Windows releases ? WHQL certification is just one of a bunch of quality tests we need to pass internally before release.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      Did you actually even read bridgman's reply where he is confirming that the releases are linked together before trying to argue that they are not?
      yes, I have read it and it does not contradict what I wrote. It could also be the case that the windows driver is waiting on the linux driver.

Comment

Or it could be that we just shifted the planned release dates a bit earlier in December and a bit later in January because of the holiday shutdown
        Test signature

Comment

Will it be worth the wait at least?
          Also, any hints on when xserver 1.6 support will come?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Or it could be that we just shifted the planned release dates a bit earlier in December and a bit later in January because of the holiday shutdown
            and that was something I suspected in this posting:
            Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

Comment

I don't follow your logic. Why are you assuming that certification is gating the Windows releases ? WHQL certification is just one of a bunch of quality tests we need to pass internally before release.
              If your driver doesn't get certified, it can't be installed. Windows will complain. I assume certification takes time? Therefore we need to wait? :P

Comment

Most of the certification effort overlaps the rest of the testing. We do a lot of things in parallel to keep the release pipe from getting too long. I think the added delay would be on the order of a day or so.

Just to be clear, any of the scenarios discussed could happen for a specific release (maybe not the mass Christmas party hangover), I'm just saying that for most releases none of them apply. We normally try to keep Linux and Windows releases on the same code base to minimise the chance of missed bugs, but that is not cast in stone either.
                Last edited by bridgman; 26 January 2009, 04:17 PM.
                Test signature

Comment

methinks the driver is now broken beyond repair.

if you think about it, even for just a second, it's the most plausible explanation. *sigh*

Comment

Just what I said
                    Originally posted by Vighy View Post
                    [..]
                    Finally I think this "supposed delay" may be due to the Christmas holidays, and that there was no fixed date for the release.. so... there's no reason to question or speculate: it will arrive before the end of the month and don't expect anything special until you can read the changelog.

Comment

Well, it can't take long anymore! According to

It was scheduled for release yesterday .
                      But more amazing news for me personally is that OpenGL 3.0 is fully supported! Lets hope this is true for the Linux driver as well. Can't wait to try!

Comment

Working...
                      X