Rise of the Tomb Raider Linux Performance On AMD Radeon GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enverex View Post
    Would have been useful to add in one or two Nvidia cards purely as a reference point here.
    Well until then, it seems Gol did some scores on nvidia + vs windows comparison: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...nchmarks.11576

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

I have a feeling that the number of visible trees in Geothermal Valley is much lower than in Windows (Quality setting: High).
      They are identical, rerun the benchmark. You might need to give it some time so that all textures are loaded.

This is on Medium settings, but I tested on all settings and the details/objects are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigone View Post

Well until then, it seems Gol did some scores on nvidia + vs windows comparison: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...nchmarks.11576
        Those benchmarks are bad, the game should be tested proportionally with their Gpu power at ~60fps. With a 980ti and 1080p they only benchmarking overhead.

Comment

On Ryzen 1600x @3.9GHz with Fury (half X, half CU unlocked) and 16GB@3GHz with AA disabled I get 37fps on High and 40fps on Medium @4k resolution with mesa 18.1 git. Need to check what I get on windows with the same settings.

Windows with same config: 42fps on High and 46fps on Medium @4k so I guess around 10% difference as other mentioned already which is not bad at all.
          Last edited by gbil; 19 April 2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post

Those benchmarks are bad, the game should be tested proportionally with their Gpu power at ~60fps. With a 980ti and 1080p they only benchmarking overhead.
            You are literally making no sense

Comment

How does Feral's wrapper compare to dxvk performance wise?

Comment

A10 7850K @4.2GHz and RX460 (unlock), mesa 18.0.1., medium preset, AA x2. Overall score: 44

Comment

Don't they have the sourcecode to do it properly without wrapper etc? Sure with my GTX1070 it's fine, but why slower than DX11?
                  Also a Mac/Metal comparison would be interesting.
                  Last edited by mike44; 19 April 2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
                    I have a feeling that the number of visible trees in Geothermal Valley is much lower than in Windows (Quality setting: High).
                    I remember that this scene had some serious issues with pop ups (on Windows). You might have to re-run it to see all objects.

Anyway, nice launch day results with the free stack. Only FreeSync is still missing to complete the good impression.

Comment

I have a Radeon HD 7850 and I would be using AMDGPU if it wasn't freezing Cinnamon. I have no idea why it happens, but then again Cinnamon is pretty unstable. I might want to switch to Mate but I'd be missing a lot of features I really like in Cinnamon.

Comment

Working...
                      X