Rise of the Tomb Raider Linux Performance On AMD Radeon GPUs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post
    The game crashes when started from Steam client and shows blank screen when started from command-line.
    Wow. So many details about your system specs. I am overwhelmed

Comment

The game crashes when started from Steam client and shows blank screen when started from command-line.
      It works by starting RiseOfTheTombRaider.sh with disabled steam-check.sh, unfortunately the benchmark crashes in a Vulkan procedure call while loading Geothermal Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
        Wow. So many details about your system specs. I am overwhelmed
        The game uploaded a crash report to Feral, and that is where the system specs went.

In any case, it is Gentoo + Ryzen 5 1600 + R9 390 + Mesa 18.0.0.
        Last edited by atomsymbol; 04-19-2018, 08:27 AM. Reason: Add Gentoo

Comment

Originally posted by Enverex View Post
          Would have been useful to add in one or two Nvidia cards purely as a reference point here.
          Well until then, it seems Gol did some scores on nvidia + vs windows comparison: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...nchmarks.11576

Comment

It works by starting RiseOfTheTombRaider.sh with disabled steam-check.sh, unfortunately the benchmark crashes in a Vulkan procedure call while loading Geothermal Valley.
            The benchmark finished without issues this time.

I have a feeling that the number of visible trees in Geothermal Valley is much lower than in Windows (Quality setting: High).

Comment

I have a feeling that the number of visible trees in Geothermal Valley is much lower than in Windows (Quality setting: High).
              They are identical, rerun the benchmark. You might need to give it some time so that all textures are loaded.

This is on Medium settings, but I tested on all settings and the details/objects are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigone View Post

Well until then, it seems Gol did some scores on nvidia + vs windows comparison: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...nchmarks.11576
                Those benchmarks are bad, the game should be tested proportionally with their Gpu power at ~60fps. With a 980ti and 1080p they only benchmarking overhead.

Comment

On Ryzen 1600x @3.9GHz with Fury (half X, half CU unlocked) and [email protected] with AA disabled I get 37fps on High and 40fps on Medium @4k resolution with mesa 18.1 git. Need to check what I get on windows with the same settings.

Windows with same config: 42fps on High and 46fps on Medium @4k so I guess around 10% difference as other mentioned already which is not bad at all.
                  Last edited by gbil; 04-19-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post

Those benchmarks are bad, the game should be tested proportionally with their Gpu power at ~60fps. With a 980ti and 1080p they only benchmarking overhead.
                    You are literally making no sense

Comment

How does Feral's wrapper compare to dxvk performance wise?

Comment

Working...
                      X