AMD EPYC 7003 "Milan" Linux Benchmarks - Superb Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
    Do you have a link to the result file or did I miss it in the story?

I couldn't find it on openbenchmarking.org.

I would like to see some of the results in tests you didn't publish in your article if possible.
    Should appear in the article shortly, still uploading more data and re-enabling existing uploads that were private.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
      Just what Zen 2 and Rome should have been.
      What have you been drinking? Rome was already better than any other server offer, this is just an iterative improvement. R&D takes a lot of time and money, and even at this point the competition does not have anything to compete with.

Comment

Originally posted by brunosalezze View Post

What have you been drinking? Rome was already better than any other server offer, this is just an iterative improvement. R&D takes a lot of time and money, and even at this point the competition does not have anything to compete with.
        Exactly. Not sure what that guy is smoking. zen2 was a huge success, and this is an additional 12+ months of R&D. Both are excellent and show progression. zen4 will be even better. That does not mean zen3 'should' have been better.
        Respect and value excellent engineering effort.

Comment

It's looking really bad for intel......

Comment

Benchmarks aside, Intel can still count on "settled-in-their-ways" system admins to continue to sell their stuff. Paraphrasing IBM, "nobody was fired for buying Intel".

If things comes to worse, they can still lower their prices, just like AMD had to do on the Bulldozer era. It must have be anything but fun to be a Intel sales rep nowadays. A couple years ago, they could simply tell their clients this is the price, because we said so. Now they had to actually open their mouths and try convince some people not to change to AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by brunosalezze View Post

Settle down snowflake. You too syxbit. I totally stand by my statement. Because it's true. Zen was a revolution over the "Dozer/Driver" CPU's. Zen+ was just an iteration and just a slight process iteration at that. Zen 2 was a big evolutionary jump up from both Zen and Zen+. But Zen 3 and thus Milan is NOT AS BIG an evolutionary step up from Zen 2 as Zen 2 was from Zen and Zen+, much less Zen from "Dozer/Driver".

However, Zen 4 and thus Genoa along with Infinity Architecture 3, DDR 5 and PCI 5 along with RDNA 3 and 4 and CDNA 3 and 4 WILL be revolutionary. Zen 4 IS a new arch. Zen 4 WILL NOT be an evolutionary refinement to Zen 3.

Comment

Originally posted by mppix View Post
                Stop, stop, Xeon is already dead

Comment

Thanks for the Ampere Altra but i did miss their power consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                    Benchmarks aside, Intel can still count on "settled-in-their-ways" system admins to continue to sell their stuff. Paraphrasing IBM, "nobody was fired for buying Intel".
                    You must be too young to remember Itanium...

Comment

Fanboys seem to be rather quite this time. But obviously difficult to make up argument..even flimsy ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X