Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6.1 Beta Released With Wayland Explicit Sync, Input Capture Portal & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 6.1 Beta Released With Wayland Explicit Sync, Input Capture Portal & More

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6.1 Beta Released With Wayland Explicit Sync, Input Capture Portal & More

The beta release of Plasma 6.1 is now available for testing over the US holiday weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good news. Pipewire will be the default audio stack?
    About Explicit sync... is it assumed to be applyied alongside MESA 24.1 and 555.xxx.xxx Nvidia proprietary drivers?

It seems that Firefox loses the Egl support when libnvidia-egl-wayland1 pack is applied in order to get Nvidia drivers working against llvmpipe mesa replacement... has been any workaround provided?

Plasma 6.1 should be the step towards the definitive transition toward Wayland.
    Last edited by MorrisS.; 24 May 2024, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Slightly rounder corners
      I hope there's an option to undo that

Comment

Originally posted by EphemeralEft View Post

They annoy me, too, but not because they're rounded. On Plasma 6.0 only the tops of my windows are rounded. The bottoms are square. That inconsistency is annoying. The usual saying is pick one, not both.

The 1 or 2 pixel gap between tiled, snapped, horizontal Qt toolkit based windows is annoying, too. Drag a couple of windows to the left and right sides of the screen to get them side by side and Qt based windows leave a gap on the vertical axis dead center of the screen. It's not there if both windows are GTK. Just something I happened to notice on a fresh install today.

Comment

Originally posted by EphemeralEft View Post

It's a consistency thing. I don't think it's that noticeable. Some corners may actually end up with a smaller radius. As it's theme-specific, and KDE supports user themes, you're free to install a different one or even clone it and tweak the values to make "Breeze-Squared."

Comment

Looking forward to being able to use this on KDE Neon. Ever since Action Retro made a video on it slaying an old iMac, I've been in love with it.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              They annoy me, too, but not because they're rounded. On Plasma 6.0 only the tops of my windows are rounded. The bottoms are square. That inconsistency is annoying. The usual saying is pick one, not both.
              In System Settings, go to Colors and Themes → Window Decorations, and change the border size from "Theme's default (No Window Borders)" to "Tiny Window Borders" or larger.​ You will now have rounded bottom corners as well. though the window border might not match content as perfectly this way depending on the window contents.

Comment

Really like the new edit mode. Some of the changes to a couple of the settings pages are nice looking too.

So far I haven't noticed any breaking bugs or behaviors. Hopefully it stays that way. lol

Comment

Plasma 6.0 is out already for a while, and Phoronix writes mainly about polishing, and not about severe bugs fixing. I guess the migration from Plasma 5.0 went smooth then

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    The 1 or 2 pixel gap between tiled, snapped, horizontal Qt toolkit based windows is annoying, too.
                    Set shadows and borders to off.
                    ​​​​​​dataurl839725.jpg
                    Last edited by Firnefex; 25 May 2024, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X