Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PyTorch 1.8 Released With AMD ROCm Binaries

Phoronix: PyTorch 1.8 Released With AMD ROCm Binaries

PyTorch 1.8 was released on Thursday as the newest version of this widely-used machine learning library. Exciting many will be easier AMD Radeon ROCm support with Python wheels now provided for that Radeon Open eCosystem support...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...h-1.8-Released

Finally official Radeon support

Comment

The AMD support is really huge! I hope, this will be a game changer in the AI market!

Comment

Do you have the means to get some benchmarks against NVIDIA for the new ROCm binaries? This is exciting.

Comment

Can we see some benchmarks on this? If its even remotely competitive with CUDA solutions (i.e. within say 80 - 90%) this will be a huge game changer as Radeon tends to be quite a bit cheaper for their performance.

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
            Can we see some benchmarks on this? If its even remotely competitive with CUDA solutions (i.e. within say 80 - 90%) this will be a huge game changer as Radeon tends to be quite a bit cheaper for their performance.
            AFAIK, he lacks a MI100 and that's the only AMD GPU with Matrix Cores. Otherwise, your performance is going to be potentially quite a bit slower than any Nvidia GPU with Tensor cores.

I mean, you could always just use fp32, but then it's no longer a very realistic benchmark (other than showing things like relative driver overhead of each stack).

Comment

So, let me get this straight, boffo and Steffo both registered their accounts in 2013 and both have nearly the same # of posts? Interesting...

Comment

I wasn't sure whether to go with Tensorflow or PyTorch. I hope that PyTorch supports AGPUs as well, like the laptop Zen+ CPUs with built-in GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by plinkyplonky View Post
                  I wasn't sure whether to go with Tensorflow or PyTorch.
                  Hmmm... Google vs. Facebook.

People used to say that Tensorflow had better training tools, but I don't know if that's still the case.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                    Hmmm... Google vs. Facebook.

People used to say that Tensorflow had better training tools, but I don't know if that's still the case.
                    You can use tensorboard with pytorch too.

Comment

Working...
                    X