Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arQon View Post
    Does that really matter?
    Well, it's a laptop. So, software decoding would eat into battery life probably much worse. Some people use laptops unplugged, a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
      Well, it's a laptop. So, software decoding would eat into battery life probably much worse. Some people use laptops unplugged, a lot.
      Not ideal, but there is h264ify browser extension that takes care of that. But on YT it limits you to 1080p streams. Not a problem in a laptop IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        That's not what you said. "Good luck getting a new (as in, released recently) Lenovo for $500 with RAM slots, let alone two."
        Just admit you were wrong and apologize.
        Wow really? You're going to play willfully blind now? The first post of mine that got you frothing at the mouth in retaliation mentioned dual channel being important. So yes, jackass, I pretty much did say that. Besides, as you yourself pointed out in bold, it doesn't have 2 slots, so.... where exactly am I wrong?

Also note how I didn't say such laptops don't exist. I said "good luck", which implies you're going to have a hard time finding one, in stock. Doesn't mean it's impossible. And just because you found one, doesn't mean it checks all your boxes.

Just admit you're being pedantic and looking to pick a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Also note how I didn't say such laptops don't exist. I said "good luck", which implies you're going to have a hard time finding one, in stock.
          Well, that's where we differ. If you were trying to make a point with your comments, you didn't articulate it very well. Multiple people called you out on that BS. You're wrong. Own it.

Frothing at the mouth in retaliation mentioned dual channel being important
          And you can still have dual channel with soldered RAM and an SODIMM (as in this particular product). Also, both AMD and Intel support "Flex" or asymmetric memory setups where the lowest amount of RAM is used in dual channel mode. That will help with the graphics.

Comment

Well, that's where we differ. If you were trying to make a point with your comments, you didn't articulate it very well. Multiple people called you out on that BS.
            No, that's where you differ, because you were set out to disagree with me from the beginning. The only other person who disagreed stopped responding, either because he acknowledged my point, or, wasn't an arrogant prick. I'll own up that I could have articulated better, but frankly, I shouldn't have to spell it out for you. You sooooo obviously know everything, so why can't you acknowledge the obvious: budget laptops with dual channel memory and/or upgradable memory are rare. Rare doesn't mean they don't exist. Rare doesn't mean you can't find a worthwhile compromise. It's not BS just because you and one other person found the same example.
            You're wrong. Own it.
            Prove it.
            Last edited by schmidtbag; 27 May 2021, 04:31 PM.

Comment

That's not what you said. "Good luck getting a new (as in, released recently) Lenovo for $500 with RAM slots, let alone two."
              Just admit you were wrong and apologize.

Also, if it has one slot, you can throw a 16GB stick in there for about $90 and then you have 20GB of RAM. That's definitely worth mentioning..
              But NOT in dual channel mode. Which is really good to have on laptop with APU.

Comment

Comment

Rare doesn't mean they don't exist. Rare doesn't mean you can't find a worthwhile compromise. It's not BS just because you and one other person found the same example.
                  You never said anything about "rare". Fsck you.

Comment

No, that's where you differ, because you were set out to disagree with me from the beginning. The only other person who disagreed stopped responding, either because he acknowledged my point, or, wasn't an arrogant prick..
                    Or maybe he didn't want to waste time on your stupid BS...

Comment

You never said anything about "rare". Fsck you.
                      Actually I pretty much did, but you're so desperate to prove me wrong that you're pulling the stupid literalism argument.
                      When you do the lottery, how do you describe your chances of winning? Most would say "rare". What does the lottery depend on? Luck.
                      I said "Good luck getting a new (as in, released recently) Lenovo for $500 with RAM slots, let alone two."
                      Anyone with half a brain knows that could be briefly paraphrased as "new Lenovos for $500 with 2x RAM slots are rare".
                      Or maybe he didn't want to waste time on your stupid BS...
                      Haha well that speaks highly of your priorities, eh?

BTW, you've been on these forums long enough to know it's annoying to double-post. Speaking of being here a long time, I don't know what's gotten into you, because this is the first time I recall you've been such a little bitch (at least against me) over something so mundane. You used to be somewhat reasonable. Now you're just a more angry starshipeleven.

Comment

Working...
                      X