Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independent Developers Tackling Snapdragon 630/660 SoC Support For The Upstream Linux Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaburgan
    replied
    The fairphone 3 is running the 632 snapdragon. I hope it will be supported by linux, an ethical phone with a nice OS would be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• bemerk
    replied
    Nice work by all these people and companies involved.
    Too bad that there is close to no work done on other SoCs than Qualcomms Snapdragon.
    I guess that limits the possible mobile devices one can buy safely in the future

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Haxk20 View Post

Sony has a device with sm6125 (SDM665) so in future it will at 99% run mainline when we get to that platform.
    Nice. Thanks for the response.

Leave a comment:

• Haxk20
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    I got really excited, then I realized my phone has a 665. Now I has , though optimistic about the future
    Sony has a device with sm6125 (SDM665) so in future it will at 99% run mainline when we get to that platform.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    I got really excited, then I realized my phone has a 665. Now I has , though optimistic about the future

Leave a comment:

• konradybcio
    replied
    Thanks for covering this

It's also worth to mention that the patch series enables support for SDM636 (a mildly cut-down 660) and possibly SDM658 (*literally* 660 with 2 cores disabled), though nobody has the hardware to test the latter one.

Leave a comment:

• Independent Developers Tackling Snapdragon 630/660 SoC Support For The Upstream Linux Kernel

Phoronix: Independent Developers Tackling Snapdragon 630/660 SoC Support For The Upstream Linux Kernel

Qualcomm's Snapdragon 660 is approaching four years old and the Snapdragon 630 a bit younger than that, but these mobile phone SoCs may soon find renewed life on the upstream Linux kernel thanks to the work of community developers...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...SDM660-Patches
Working...
X