TUXEDO Computers Launches A Linux Laptop With Ryzen 7 4800H / Ryzen 5 4600H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUXEDO Computers Launches A Linux Laptop With Ryzen 7 4800H / Ryzen 5 4600H

Phoronix: TUXEDO Computers Launches A Linux Laptop With Ryzen 7 4800H / Ryzen 5 4600H

Back in May the folks at TUXEDO Computers in Germany launched their first AMD Linux laptop. That device though was a letdown in being based on a previous-generation AMD Ryzen 3000 series mobile processor rather than the far better Ryzen 4000 "Renoir" processors. Fortunately, today they announced the Pulse 15 laptop that comes in Ryzen 5 4600H and Ryzen 7 4800H processor options...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...e-15-AMD-Ryzen

Beautiful! I like the dual channel.

I already have the Red edition, but this one with 91,25 Wh battery is amazing

Comment

A bit to late Tuxedo, I'm awaiting now Macbook with ARM.

Comment

I think it's the most interesting ryzen 4000 laptop i've seen yet. I want one so badly

Comment

If it becomes available in Australia, I'll get one. Very nice! Wouldn't mind a high refresh IPS screen in it too though..

Comment

Is Tuxedo the same quality as System76? I have read some bad user review on theirs products about quality

Comment

According to bestware.com (formerly mysn / Schenker; Mother company of Tuxedo) the thing has 100% sRGB screen and DUAL channel memory. Maybe if tuxedo just slots 1 x 8 GiB it's of course still single channel.

https://bestware.com/en/schenker-via-15-pro.html
              Last edited by Adarion; 07-21-2020, 10:03 AM. Reason: Schenker = mother of Tuxedo
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Looks sweet.

Edit: Went ahead and bought one with the (2 x 8GB, 3200 MHz) memory configuration. $1200, so quite expensive...but hey it beats the 4th gen Ryzen Thinkpads right now. I don't mind paying a bit extra if 1) The company properly supports Linux, 2) The build quality is very good, and 3) If it has full-size arrow keys goddammit.
                Last edited by Blahblah; 07-21-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

It's good to see these kind of AMD pre-loaded laptop with decent specs.

It's still a bit pricey for what it is, but it's really getting there!
                  I would be willing to replace my 8+ years old Asus laptop with one of these if the base price would be around 750€.

Comment

Maybe I could switch to that brand from Clevo ; these laptops look great ; a 17" one coming ?

Comment

Working...
                    X