TUXEDO Computers Launches A Linux Laptop With Ryzen 7 4800H / Ryzen 5 4600H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUXEDO Computers Launches A Linux Laptop With Ryzen 7 4800H / Ryzen 5 4600H

Phoronix: TUXEDO Computers Launches A Linux Laptop With Ryzen 7 4800H / Ryzen 5 4600H

Back in May the folks at TUXEDO Computers in Germany launched their first AMD Linux laptop. That device though was a letdown in being based on a previous-generation AMD Ryzen 3000 series mobile processor rather than the far better Ryzen 4000 "Renoir" processors. Fortunately, today they announced the Pulse 15 laptop that comes in Ryzen 5 4600H and Ryzen 7 4800H processor options...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Beautiful! I like the dual channel.

I already have the Red edition, but this one with 91,25 Wh battery is amazing

Comment

A bit to late Tuxedo, I'm awaiting now Macbook with ARM.

Comment

I think it's the most interesting ryzen 4000 laptop i've seen yet. I want one so badly

Comment

If it becomes available in Australia, I'll get one. Very nice! Wouldn't mind a high refresh IPS screen in it too though..

Comment

Is Tuxedo the same quality as System76? I have read some bad user review on theirs products about quality

Comment

According to bestware.com (formerly mysn / Schenker; Mother company of Tuxedo) the thing has 100% sRGB screen and DUAL channel memory. Maybe if tuxedo just slots 1 x 8 GiB it's of course still single channel.

Last edited by Adarion; 21 July 2020, 10:03 AM. Reason: Schenker = mother of Tuxedo
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Looks sweet.

Edit: Went ahead and bought one with the (2 x 8GB, 3200 MHz) memory configuration. $1200, so quite expensive...but hey it beats the 4th gen Ryzen Thinkpads right now. I don't mind paying a bit extra if 1) The company properly supports Linux, 2) The build quality is very good, and 3) If it has full-size arrow keys goddammit.
                Last edited by Blahblah; 21 July 2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

It's good to see these kind of AMD pre-loaded laptop with decent specs.

It's still a bit pricey for what it is, but it's really getting there!
                  I would be willing to replace my 8+ years old Asus laptop with one of these if the base price would be around 750€.

Comment

Maybe I could switch to that brand from Clevo ; these laptops look great ; a 17" one coming ?

Comment

Working...
                    X