X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ferry
    replied
    Originally posted by sarmad View Post

The word "hire" was metaphiric. I meant to find volunteers. Or maybe just re purpose existing volunteers. Basically, give these UI touches higher priority.
    I think the message was "stop complaining and start contributing".

Leave a comment:

• Jimbrashear
    replied
    Originally posted by sverris View Post
    Looks is extremely overrated. How does it work?, performance?, devices?, easy to maintain?
    I'm sorry but looks / feel are important. This is the primary issue with a lot of Linux veterans, we're so used to the command line and code side that we forget the importance of the UI/UX side. It IS important.

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    Originally posted by GB_2 View Post

KDE directly doesn't really hire anyone, it's a community, but you can feel free to join the KDE Visual Design Group at any time, every help is appreciated and we already work as much as we can: https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/design
    The word "hire" was metaphiric. I meant to find volunteers. Or maybe just re purpose existing volunteers. Basically, give these UI touches higher priority.

Leave a comment:

• Nth_man
    replied
    > as K-something

It followed the older tradition of X programs having an x in front of their name, like xterm, xcalc, xbiff, xedit, xlogo, etc.

Besides, it's not like this sort of things didn't happen with other DEs.

GNOME: Gnote, gThumb, GDM, gedit, etc.
    Enlightenment: Elive, Entrance, ePhoto, etc.
    LXDE: LXAppearance, LXDM, etc.

Just to name a few examples.

Apple started doing the same with the prefix ā€œiā€.

Leave a comment:

• MastaG
    replied
    So hows wayland support compared to gnome?
    I haven't used kde for over 3 or 4 years now.. but gnome-shell/mutter have got very complete and good performing wayland now.

Leave a comment:

• GB_2
    replied
    Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Same here. KDE is full of effects and is properly optimized but for some reason it doesn't feel modern. They need to hire people to focus exclusively on the small touches in the UI. Small touches make a big difference; things like missing border or separator, or unnecessary border, or inconsistent behaviour across toolkits.
    KDE directly doesn't really hire anyone, it's a community, but you can feel free to join the KDE Visual Design Group at any time, every help is appreciated and we already work as much as we can: https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/design

Leave a comment:

• George99
    replied
    Originally posted by cynic View Post
    I can't actually say why, but I find everything KDE-related awful.
    One element could be the font choice I guess, but also the squarish look.

Sorry KDE people
    Same thoughts here but mostly for those stupid names. I have no idea what Kaidan, Okular or vvave will do for me as both the silly names and the design don't explain nothing. (As a well designed UI should do)

EDIT: OK, this nerdish "v v" in vvave will mean a w, so wave, so a music player?
    Last edited by George99; 11 October 2019, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    I hope they'll remove those legacy buttons and will use Sailfish like gestures for most things.

Leave a comment:

• Termy
    replied
    I love KDE dearly on desktop and can't wait till Mobile is ready for a daily driver ^^

Leave a comment:

• sverris
    replied
    Looks is extremely overrated. How does it work?, performance?, devices?, easy to maintain?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X