X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cynic
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Are you saying that from looking just at the screenshot? If so, then you are wrong.
    KDE has used rounded rectangles in several places, plus it is customizable if you don't like the default look.
    No, I'm saying that as an ex old user

Leave a comment:

• Jimbrashear
    replied
    Plasma has literally the best most modern UI of any Linux desktop. Y'all act like just because the default theme sucks everything does.

As for the last post, blur on the background was modern circa 2014. It's not modern now.

Leave a comment:

• Spazturtle
    replied
    The grey backdrop on the app draw looks a bit outdated, the modern look would be to simply blur the desktop when the app draw is open.

Leave a comment:

• stormcrow
    replied
    Originally posted by cynic View Post
    I can't actually say why, but I find everything KDE-related awful.
    One element could be the font choice I guess, but also the squarish look.

Sorry KDE people
    I'm not really a "KDE people", on desktops I prefer XFCE, but I'm more concerned whether or not a UI design is functional, intuitive, and easily understood than what color choices the default theme uses. If KDE can deliver that, someone else will come along and create an "not ugly" theme for it or create one myself. I'd very much like a usable touch oriented UI available when Windows 8.1 is finally dropped from supported status for my still-quite-useful Lenovo quasi-tablet. Right now, NONE of the Linux distros even come close to being usable on it.

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied

Sorry KDE people
    Same here. KDE is full of effects and is properly optimized but for some reason it doesn't feel modern. They need to hire people to focus exclusively on the small touches in the UI. Small touches make a big difference; things like missing border or separator, or unnecessary border, or inconsistent behaviour across toolkits.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    The ruining of Gnome as a desktop environment pays off when you use it on a convertible laptop. I was surprised when I took a machine to mess with and found out that on a touch interface, Gnome was miles ahead of KDE.

Good to know that KDE folks they are now taking care of it the right way, i. e., without destroying desktop functionality.

Leave a comment:

• mcirsta
    replied

Sorry KDE people
    I understand you, I have the same feeling about most Gnome stuff. It's just a matter of taste though. I thing both are quite customizable you could just choose different icons and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• AsuMagic
    replied
    One thing I find striking in those screenshots is that the scale and padding of some elements is really strange. e.g. in the Kirigami sidebar, the bottom buttons, and a bunch of UI elements in general.
    I assume this is something they're going to fix, though.

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    I use KDE on my laptop, and looking through the mobile screenshot I found them ugly and pretty at the same time.

Ugly when looking to it using a Android mindset
    Pretty when looking to it as KDE user

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied

Sorry KDE people
    Second that. But mainly for their asinine behavior of naming more or less every application as K-something or some other useless name.
    Branding that sticks really isn't their forte. They should hire somebody to spruce up the fascia.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X